Question about Travel Agents

tdh8359

Of course I'm a first time cruiser, my cruise is in Jan 2010. I booked through an online travel agency, my question is they charged the required deposit on my credit card, will they automatically charge the rest when due or will I have to take some action to get it paid? :confused:

Of course I'm a first time cruiser, my cruise is in Jan 2010. I booked through an online travel agency, my question is they charged the required deposit on my credit card, will they automatically charge the rest when due or will I have to take some action to get it paid? :confused:

Oops. I forgot to welcome you to cruise critic. Great to see you joining us here.

Dianne

Since you booked online, hopefully you received an electronic acknowledgment of your deposit. It should also detail the cancellation policies and penalties of the cruise line (which depend on the timing of the cancellation) and when the final sum has to be paid (usually 75-120 days, most likely 90 days prior to sailing). If you received a booking/confirmation number, you might be able to go online to the cruise line's website...it would definitely have the rules there somewhere.

But as everyone has noted here...the best answer is STILL to call the TA or better yet, send them an e-mail with your question. An answer from the horse's mouth always works best for me.

Archived