Our inside guarantee has been assigned. How common is it for them to change you?

clerky96

I read where they might change your cabin right up until sailing. Does this happen often, or it is pretty unusual for them to do that? Hoping they don't change ours unless they want to give us a balcony! :D Thanks.

It almost never happens. Unless you have a unusual cabin, that they have reason to want, connecting for instance and they have to placate another pax, chances are somewhere between slim and none. Its happened in years past, but very rare. There will be someone who can say, hey it happened to them in 2007, once .... also they wouldnt downgrade you, only sideways or up.

I read where they might change your cabin right up until sailing. Does this happen often, or it is pretty unusual for them to do that? Hoping they don't change ours unless they want to give us a balcony! :D Thanks.

I think it is very rare, but it has happened to me once. :)

I booked a last minute cruise on the PRIDE out of Long Beach so I had to pick up my docs at the pier. When I went to early check-in on the QUEEN MARY to get my cabin assignment, I was assigned a cabin (an upgrade from IS to OV, thank you, Carnival :D) with someone else's name on it. I went all the way through check-in with this person's docs (name crossed out and mine handwritten in) until the Sail'n'Sign card and security photo just before boarding. I had to hustle down to my old cabin assignment to get my baggage as the change was made AFTER I had checked my baggage with the porter on the pier who used the ship's manifest to tag my luggage ! ! :rolleyes:

As, firefly posted, this was definitely before 2007, however.

Archived