Just Back Explorer to Bermuda - Pictures

Just returned yesterday from the Explorer 5 day to Bermuda. This was my 6th RCCL cruise, 3rd Voyager class and 4th GS. I got a new Olympus digital SLR for Christmas and was doing some experimenting on this cruise. I got some nice shots of sailaway, ice show, Bermuda and sunsets. I will write a review when I have some time, but if you would like to take a look at my pictures they are on webshots. Here is the link:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/574242059xkUjvF

I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I do. Laura

Just returned yesterday from the Explorer 5 day to Bermuda. This was my 6th RCCL cruise, 3rd Voyager class and 4th GS. I got a new Olympus digital SLR for Christmas and was doing some experimenting on this cruise. I got some nice shots of sailaway, ice show, Bermuda and sunsets. I will write a review when I have some time, but if you would like to take a look at my pictures they are on webshots. Here is the link:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/574242059xkUjvF

I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I do. Laura

Hi Laura,

Your photos are great. The Explorer is a beautiful ship. I was in that same room in 2006 and it looks like the carpeting may have been upgraded. Did you notice minor upgrades being done on the ship? It is scheduled for drydock in January but I wanted to know if RCI has started some refurbishments yet. I am sailing again on Explorer in November. Can't wait! Thanks for the photos.

Marilyn

Hi Laura,

Your photos are great. The Explorer is a beautiful ship. I was in that same room in 2006 and it looks like the carpeting may have been upgraded. Did you notice minor upgrades being done on the ship? It is scheduled for drydock in January but I wanted to know if RCI has started some refurbishments yet. I am sailing again on Explorer in November. Can't wait! Thanks for the photos.

Marilyn

I was on the 9-night right before this and they were working all over the ship. I saw the running track being repainted/regritted. Our cabin (hump 6332) had its balcony repainted when we were in San Juan.

Hi Laura,

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn, Yes it did look like they were continuously working and cleaning the ship. I thought it was in very good condition. Of a very minor note, you will see there are still the "old tube" TVs in the cabins, which I am assuming will be replaced when it goes into dry dock. Enjoy your cruise in November. Laura

I really enjoyed your photos, Laura. They remind me a lot of Voyager of the Seas....I don't think we'll have any problems finding our way around Explorer on our Bermuda cruise next month. I hope we get the same weather you did!

Thanks for posting.:)

Kathy

I really enjoyed your photos, Laura. They remind me a lot of Voyager of the Seas....I don't think we'll have any problems finding our way around Explorer on our Bermuda cruise next month. I hope we get the same weather you did!

Thanks for posting.:)

Kathy

Hi Kathy, Enjoy your cruise in Sept. Yes, I think the Voyager class ships are very easy to get around. Being my 3rd I knew exactly where everything was. I think these ships are layed out very well. My DS just got off the Carnival Valor and although he enjoyed the cruise he said the ship is set up very strange and difficult to get around. In fact he got out of the elevator to go the buffet restaurant one day and found himself looking at a wall!:eek: He did say the RCCL ships are much better layed out. Enjoy your trip!

Laura

Thanks for sharing the great pictures. I noticed there are red & blue loungers in the solarium--are any of them reserved for suites or are there juts reserved seats at the outdoor pool??

I did not notice that any of the loungers in the solarium were reserved. It just seemed the ones toward the back were the cushioned ones and those around the pool area were the typical blue strap one. As a suite guest it seems that many amenities are offered in the liturature, but they are not that clearly available. Even though we could get into the ice show with just our room card, we still had to wait on the back of the line when we got there. When we went through the doors they told us that we had reserved seating and "just go left", but there are no clearly labelled suite guest sections and everyone was just sitting all over. I don't care about most of these "perks" and don't book a suite for that reason, but I feel like if they are going to be advertised they should be managed better. That said the GS is wonderful and the concierge lounge is worth it in my opinion.

We are Diamond but don't have a suite, so will we need to get tickets for the show or just line up ahead of time at the doors? The pics of the show were awesome so it seems worthwhile!

Also loved the pic of the moongate (where in bermuda was that?) & the tea house...very lovely...

again==thanks so much for sharing....

Archived