2 weeks cruise food

funcky

Is 2 weeks cruise menu different than 1 week? My question is after 1 week of breakfast and lunch in windjammer, i wondered if i could last with same kind for another 7 days. Please share your experiences.

If you do a 14 nighter, the menus will vary. If you do a back to back, you'll repeat menus.

As far as breakfast....how many items can vary? Cereal, eggs, breakfast meats, fruit, pancakes, french toast, yogurt......

Do try the dining room for those meals, as well...it's really a nicer experience than the buffet.. and you can "mix and match" what you get.

If you do a 14 nighter, the menus will vary. If you do a back to back, you'll repeat menus.

As far as breakfast....how many items can vary? Cereal, eggs, breakfast meats, fruit, pancakes, french toast, yogurt......

Do try the dining room for those meals, as well...it's really a nicer experience than the buffet.. and you can "mix and match" what you get.

I try to eat healthy for breakfast.If there is something that you want like strawberries for your cereal or yogurt just ask they will get it for you

:cj

Our 13 night cruise the evening menu was always varied, although you could get some standard items each night.

We found that by night 5 of a 13 night cruise we were beginning to get weary of restaurant food. We'd had 3 nights prior in Rome and had been eating very well there the whole time.

So, we backed off the sauces, asked for grilled fish at dinner many nights, ate our normal at home breakfast. Cutting back on the rich foods probably helped us to not gain weight on this cruise, plus our bodies felt healthier. Many of our lunches were off the ship and we didn't try to skimp on the Italian food :)

Keep it simple, eat healthy fruits and veggies and lean proteins, drink lots of water.... with an occasional splurge and you will have a great vacation.

I just thought of something. At home we pretty much have the same breakfast every day, a half cup (or less) low fat cottage cheese, fresh fruit and applesauce to top it off, or a couple tablespoons of yogurt. My husband likes to throw on a handful of nuts, I'll put a teaspoon of wheat germ on top.

If I change at all, it's only a bowl of Special K with fruit. So, no changes on the menu at all would not even phase us. We just order the same components we'd use at home.

The thought of fried eggs or heavy meats just can't be tolerated early in the morning.

Archived