I Love, love, love Carnival and will cruise them forever

G'ma

In view of the incredible number of complaints posted today about hating Carnival and "never going to cruise them again", I think we need a touch of positive....so.....feel free to add what you wish.

On 66 cruises, I've always received every OBC, every upgrade has been a real upgrade to a better cabin.

I've never, ever received a bad meal....and I LOVE the new Flatiron steak on the menu.....medium rare, thanks.

Chocolate melting cake has never disappointed me.

On Early Saver, I've always received the lower price when the price on my cabin, in my category has gone down.

Anytime a port has been missed, it's been for a valid reason...usually weather or sea conditions.....and I've always received 20.00 (used to be 25.00) credit on my shipboard account for port fees.

I've always received excellent service from Guest Services onboard; found them friendly and helpful.

My cabin has always been spit-spot clean....and kept that way by an attentive and friendly steward.

On the phone or by email, I've always received a prompt response, answers to my questions and friendly conversation.

The dining room waitstaff has always been awsome.....and I love the table dancers.... I especially love "Mr. V, the Maitre'd" on Triumph who actually dances with them....and is a pretty good table dancer himself.

Feel free to add your own...........

In view of the incredible number of complaints posted today about hating Carnival and "never going to cruise them again"' date=' I think we need a touch of positive....so.....feel free to add what you wish.

On 66 cruises, I've always received every OBC, every upgrade has been a real upgrade to a better cabin.

I've never, ever received a bad meal....and I LOVE the new Flatiron steak on the menu.....medium rare, thanks.

On Early Saver, I've always received the lower price when the price on my cabin, in my category has gone down.

Anytime a port has been missed, it's been for a valid reason...usually weather or sea conditions.....and I've always received 20.00 (used to be 25.00) credit on my shipboard account for port fees.

I've always received excellent service from Guest Services onboard; found them friendly and helpful.

My cabin has always been spit-spot clean....and kept that way by an attentive and friendly steward.

On the phone or by email, I've always received a prompt response, answers to my questions and friendly conversation.

The dining room waitstaff has always been awsome.....and I love the table dancers.... I especially love "Mr. V, the Maitre'd" on Triumph who actually dances with them....and is a pretty good table dancer himself.

Feel free to add your own...........[/quote']

How about giving us the name of those 5 star Formal dress places in Hawaii that you stated in a posting a few weeks back?:confused:

G'ma, amen to all you posted and let me add one more.

I love Carnival because they have reasonable if not down right low (at times) pricing for their cruises. This has allowed me and DH to cruise , cruise, and do more cruising. If it wasn't for the great deals Carnival gives we could have never afforded to feed our addiction. :D

Add that to everything you posted and how can you beat a great Carnival vacation!

I've always received excellent service from Guest Services onboard; found them friendly and helpful...

I must be unlucky. I sure can't say that Iv always had excellent service and my cabins have always been clean. Had trouble last time on Conquest, turned out he had us late dinner and we changed, but I talked to him 4 times before he fixed the problem and cleaned before 10:30 pm, very slow and not very bright.

Iv also had trouble with cabin stewards on every other line, so luckily its not a deal breaker. 2 times ago on RCL it was the girls 2nd week and turned out she was seasick the whole week. After 4 days of not emptying trash I asked her if she knew that was trash, in case she thought we were using the trash cans for storage ... thats when she told me she had been seasick all week.

Not a big deal ..... but saying everything on 66 cruises has always been perfect to me seems like nothing but BS.

Absolutely love Carnival. My goal is to sail on every ship they own at least once.

Service has always been good, and more often than not, great.

The few little inconvienences were handled promptly and courteously.

When cruising with the grandkids the wait staff in the dining room was superb - matter of fact one of them still e-mails the children on birthdays and Christmas 2 1/2 years later.

Special occassions (when we noted them) have always been at least verbally acknowledged.

We are pampered and spoiled and taken care of like royalty for the length of time we are on the ship.

The food is delicious and plentiful and if I don't like something I can get another entree.

Our cabins have always been spotless - kind of missed the towel animals on a few nights our last cruise but not something to make a stink about.

Yes, we've only tried one other line but why go elsewhere if you are getting good service and value where you are.

Will we cruise other lines, sure if the itinerary and price is right - but for now Carnival is just fine for us. So those of you that will never sail Carnival again - thank you - that means my cabin will be available.

Not a big deal ..... but saying everything on 66 cruises has always been perfect to me seems like nothing but BS.

Like trying to get here to answer a simple question from a statement she made.She just passed over it again.Why?Because its all made up.:rolleyes:

Steve

I agree to a point. Carnival does have a great price. They have nice ships. Not sure if they are the the greatest thing since sliced bread. We sailed Carnival 5 times before trying RCI , I think there ships are a nicer and more user friendly. We are coming back to Carnival for price and a nice vacation.

In view of the incredible number of complaints posted today about hating Carnival and "never going to cruise them again"' date=' I think we need a touch of positive....so.....feel free to add what you wish.

I have to ditto almost every point....

not every cruise was perfect....but every cruise was worth it!!!!

While I really hate to agree with you, and this will be the first time I believe, you have a point. We too have always had a great experience, got OBC, great service etc. One thing we have never gotten is a free cruise. Have you?

I must be unlucky. I sure can't say that Iv always had excellent service and my cabins have always been clean. Had trouble last time on Conquest, turned out he had us late dinner and we changed, but I talked to him 4 times before he fixed the problem and cleaned before 10:30 pm, very slow and not very bright.

Iv also had trouble with cabin stewards on every other line, so luckily its not a deal breaker. 2 times ago on RCL it was the girls 2nd week and turned out she was seasick the whole week. After 4 days of not emptying trash I asked her if she knew that was trash, in case she thought we were using the trash cans for storage ... thats when she told me she had been seasick all week.

BS huh? This is supose to be a vacation. Much of it is attitude. Knowing my luck, my family and I get to sit at a table at dinner with a guy like this. :rolleyes:

Absolutely love Carnival. My goal is to sail on every ship they own at least once.

Our cabins have always been spotless - kind of missed the towel animals on a few nights our last cruise but not something to make a stink about.

Yes, we've only tried one other line but why go elsewhere if you are getting good service and value where you are.

I would also like to sail on every ship. I love the Fantasy Class, but they don't do 7 day cruises anymore and I have to go for at leats 7 days. Tried Princess last year, It was good but not better, so for the price it's Carnival for me. I'm a single 50+ and always get towel animals, but Princess doesn't do them.

We picked Carnival for our 50th anniversary group cruise for lots of reasons:

1) They have an outstanding Camp Carnival program. Our grandchildren on

past Carnival cruises enjoyed the staff & their experiences there so

much that they didn't want to leave.

2) Love their bedding. They came out with those wonderful duvets and

pillows before our other favorite cruiseline.

3) We love the free ice cream on Carnival. On other cruiselines, there

are only certain times you can have "free" icecream

4) Do they still have free cappucinos at meal time? I hope so. It beats paying $2-3 for a speciality coffee.

5) We enjoy the festivities at dinner time with the singing & dancing by

waiters & guests joining in for the fun. Dining on other cruiselines has

been much more sedate.

6) Carnival is called the "fun ship" line for good reason. We might be

seniors but we still enjoy a good time. Their parties are definitely

party-time. Fellow passengers we have noted are quite friendly.

7) Service and food standards are equal to those we have experienced

on Royal Caribbean & Princess.

& I could go on..........& on.............

THE PAX......had a wonderful time on the liberty.......i didnt run into anybody that had an attitude

I love Carnival and overall they are my favorite. Sure Royal has nicer ships with cool amenities but they are usually out of my budget, especially right now! I only went on Norwegian once and it was on the Sky and the food was awful! I have heard many good things about Norwegian's other ships so I would try them again. But the reasons why Carnival gets my vote is due to the room size, price and entertainment. Are they always perfect...no! Do they attempt to right a wrong...yes! At least in my experience.

When we got married on Imagination in 2005 I had to book my room before I booked the wedding. Later that week when all my friends were booking they got a two deck upgrade. I had to fight for us to get it, but we got it.

Went on Valor in 2006, booked my 1st balcony room. Few weeks before the cruise I received an e-mail that we were being upgraded to a suite. It would've cost us an extra $1700 for that room.

Went on Imagination again with a group of friends, had issue with my OBC not being given and my friends had some minor issues with being charged for sodas they replaced. I called and explained all this to a customer service rep. just to let them know what happened. I received a letter for a free Bon Voyage gift on my next cruise. I am going on my next cruise in two weeks and that letter is from a cruise I took January 2007. They honored the free gift and I even got to choose from a variety of items.

This cruise we are going on in two weeks, we received a 3 category upgrade at time of booking for being past guests. I don't expect an upgrade to a suite this time, but you never know.

I still want to try Princess and Celebrity, but I love to cruise and unually Carnival gives me the most bang for my buck and has larger staterooms that other lines...just my two cents.

I can honestly say I will never cruise any other line but Carnival. I have been very happy with them, they take me to places I have loved and I love the service. Has it been perfect, of course not, but the little blips on the radar are just that, little blips. The ships have been clean, the food fantastic and the service exceptional. For those reasons I will continue to sail on CCL and my DH will be "dragged" along even if he does not want to be "dragged" ;).

I just booked our sixth cruise on Carnival this morning. For the first time we will be sailing on three cruises in 14 months. I do not have a lot of cruises under my belt but I do not think you have to have gone on a zillion cruises to know about cruising and what you like or expect.

I would also like to sail on every ship. I love the Fantasy Class, but they don't do 7 day cruises anymore and I have to go for at leats 7 days. Tried Princess last year, It was good but not better, so for the price it's Carnival for me. I'm a single 50+ and always get towel animals, but Princess doesn't do them.

Oh yes they do! The Fantasy is doing six 7 day sailings from Mobile in 2010. Check it out; we are planning to do the Halloween sailing.

BS huh? This is supose to be a vacation. Much of it is attitude. Knowing my luck, my family and I get to sit at a table at dinner with a guy like this. :rolleyes:

Seems like you are the one with the attitude not me. I said it wasnt a deal breaker, just pointing out that saying in 66 cruises nothing has ever gone wrong sounds like BS to me. If you are really that gullible, so be it. I would get a good laugh so maybe better not to sit with me.

Obviously if I have 7 cruises this year alone, I enjoy cruising ... just that I dont go around saying everything is always perfect. Sometimes you have to make lemonaide out of lemons and go with it.

ditto, Ditto, Ditto...well you get the idea! :D G'ma Thank you for starting this thread! I was just reading another "whine" about how bad CCL is or how I'm NEVER going CCL again and thinking we need a WOOHOO I LOVE Carnival thread! :)

Been on 5 Carnival cruises and loved every single one of them. The service has been great, food and wait staff wonderful, cabin stewart is always a dream (I got 4 towel animals this cruise :D), ship is spotlessly clean (they are always cleaning), even the inside cabins are quite spacious.

BRAVO! BRAVO! to my favorite waiter and waiter's assistant IMADE 1 and 2 (both named IMADE pronounced I-mead). You both made our dining experience 8/15 on the TRIUMPH every night a special treat.

We are thrilled with all of our cruises with Carnival and look forward to many more.

Funny thing. We were the first of the 100 passengers getting off the ship yesterday and as we got to the Customs agents desk he asked "How was your cruise?"

Well we start raving about how great it was and he said "Hmmm...I just had someone complaining about how bad it was." :rolleyes:

Planning my next Carnival cruise as we speak. :D

that kind of reminds me of something that happened on the Miracle. We kept trying to throw something in the trash and the steward kept putting it back on the counter. I think they thought it was not suppose to be trashed..

We've sailed on 3 Carnival cruises and we will also be cruising in November 2009 and July 2010. We have always had a great time and Carnival has always been great starting from our PVP to the person who says goodbye when we leave. It's just like life it is what you make of it. I love to cruise, it is a great escape no phones, no work for 7 days and relax, relax, relax!!!!!!

This will be our third cruise on Carnival. We have always received exceptionaly service (good for us :)).

We have experienced some problems (A/C not working in our cabin), but we still leave with that warm feeling, and book our next cruise immediately after debarkation :D.

No matter what type of vacation you want to experience, or no matter how much you are willing to spend.... Carnival cruises are still a GREAT deal for the money expended.

Archived