Lauderdale by the Sea -Breakfast

running girl

Hi, We stayed in a small Inn called Courtyard Villas (no relation to Marriott Courtyard) in Lauderdale by the Sea a few years ago. It was a very romantic little hotel that gave us vouchers for breakfast at a small bar/grill on the corner near the pier. Sorry I don't remember the name of the place but it was on the north west corner. They had a great breakfast and a nice homey atmosphere. We would stop in for drinks in the evening as well. Hope this helps.

Village Grill is great, my favorite in the area. 101 Ocean is not good, so avoid eating there; nice bar, though. There are a few other breakfast/diner type places in the area that are ok, but not great. If you have a car, Julian's is a mile or so away near Oakland Pk Blvd and has awesome pancakes. If you want to go to a Jewish deli, try Pomperdale (counter service, then find a table) on Commercial half a mile west of A1A over the bridge.

Hi, We stayed in a small Inn called Courtyard Villas (no relation to Marriott Courtyard) in Lauderdale by the Sea a few years ago. It was a very romantic little hotel that gave us vouchers for breakfast at a small bar/grill on the corner near the pier. Sorry I don't remember the name of the place but it was on the north west corner. They had a great breakfast and a nice homey atmosphere. We would stop in for drinks in the evening as well. Hope this helps.

I agree on this place. We were there in the winter and able to sit outside,

very comfortable. Check it out at least once. You are also to see the ocean from there also.

Oh, I forgot, Aruba Beach Cafe has breakfast buffet on sundays from 9-12. It's good; you can check out their website. You can see the ocean from indoors and outdoors, as it is right on the beach, at the end of Commercial Blvd. They have valet parking ($5?), but metered parking is available closeby at only $1 an hour.

That sounds like Mulligans, which was on the NW corner of Commercial Blvd and El Mar Dr (by the roundabout). I loved that place. Unfortunately, it closed about 2 yrs ago, and 101 Ocean took its place. It is more sophisticated, metropolitan style, and the food sucks (OK, I've only eaten there twice, but that was enough, being that none of the other 4 people liked their food either): pancakes were rubbery and tasted like cardboard, cobb salad was mostly lettuce, chicken sliders were tasteless. The Country Ham & Egg is still next door. The pier restaurant closed last year, and "the girls" now work at the By-the-Sea Diner, on the other side of A1A. There is also a pretty good Greek diner north of Commercial in Sea Ranch Shopping Center (by Publix), and they serve breakfast and have indoor/outdoor seating, sun or shade...

That sounds like Mulligans, which was on the NW corner of Commercial Blvd and El Mar Dr (by the roundabout). I loved that place. Unfortunately, it closed about 2 yrs ago, and 101 Ocean took its place. It is more sophisticated, metropolitan style, and the food sucks (OK, I've only eaten there twice, but that was enough, being that none of the other 4 people liked their food either): pancakes were rubbery and tasted like cardboard, cobb salad was mostly lettuce, chicken sliders were tasteless. The Country Ham & Egg is still next door. The pier restaurant closed last year, and "the girls" now work at the By-the-Sea Diner, on the other side of A1A. There is also a pretty good Greek diner north of Commercial in Sea Ranch Shopping Center (by Publix), and they serve breakfast and have indoor/outdoor seating, sun or shade...

Oh, that's too bad about Mulligans and the pier restaurant. We had lunch one day at the pier and it was like a throw-back to the 60's or something and so were the prices, if I remember correctly. We had dinner one night at Aruba. Tom still talks about the size of those conch fritters, HUGE!

We keep saying we want to go back to that hotel. We really did enjoy our little vacation there, but I guess everything changes with time (sigh).

Archived