Any ideas for a great deal this fall?

sbhdmh

This board has been such a great source of information I am hoping that some of you may have come across some not-to-be-missed deals for this fall. I have a unique opportunity - my husband is on sabbatical and my daughter is in her last year before starting Kindergarten. We just got back from a Baltic cruise but I want to take advantage of our availablity during the low season to find another cruise if I can. I know that if I don't I'll kick myself for years to come. Has anyone come across a great deal that you wish you could take advantage of but your kids are in school? I could leave from anywhere on the east coast. The northeast would be easiest but since I would also like to take advantage of visiting Disney during the off-season we could combine it with a Florida departure if we found a really good deal. Any suggestions?

If it interests you, there are great deals on European cruises. I hadn't been considering the Med, but it ended up costing the same as the Carib cruises I was looking at, even including airfare from the West Coast (booked my own air).

Best,

Mia

We're just back from a 12 day northern Europe cruise. Airfare was crazy in August but the itinerary we wanted wasn't available in the fall. We tried a TA that specializes in cruises for that one but they didn't come up with anything better than I found on line. I ended up booking through Priceline since I found a better deal on my own.

Any sources someone can recommend for last minute deals? We could even go on 24 hours notice if needed. Thanks.

We're just back from a 12 day northern Europe cruise. Airfare was crazy in August but the itinerary we wanted wasn't available in the fall. We tried a TA that specializes in cruises for that one but they didn't come up with anything better than I found on line. I ended up booking through Priceline since I found a better deal on my own.

Any sources someone can recommend for last minute deals? We could even go on 24 hours notice if needed. Thanks.

Check out the "hot deals" section of tripharbor.com, and their cruise industry news section.

• 1 month later...

How much of a hot deal are you looking for? I just booked a 3 day cruise on the Majesty for my wife, myself and our two daughters as a nice short first cruise to get them exposed to cruising. Total cost for a oceanview was just $841. For me this was nice because 2 of the days are on the weekend so I really don't miss much time from work. If that's not an issue, there are a bunch of cruises from Florida ports that are even cheaper if you go during the week.

How much of a hot deal are you looking for? I just booked a 3 day cruise on the Majesty for my wife, myself and our two daughters as a nice short first cruise to get them exposed to cruising. Total cost for a oceanview was just $841. For me this was nice because 2 of the days are on the weekend so I really don't miss much time from work. If that's not an issue, there are a bunch of cruises from Florida ports that are even cheaper if you go during the week.

Is that correct, that you paid $841 for a 3-day sailing in an oceanview? Wow.

Archived