Capri in late October

Zimmy

Our ship will be stopping in Sorento on October 26th. We have been to Pompeii and the Amalfi coast and would like to go to Capri this time. Our concern is that the end of October is too late in the year for that. We're concerned about sea conditions for the hydrofoil, whether we will be able to visit the Blue Grotto at that time of year (we're considering taking a private tour that includes a boat tour around the island and a Capri island tour), and whether stores in Capri close for the winter at that point. We really would like to do this tour, but it is not cheap, and we would hate to waste the time and money if it is not practical. The tour operators are certainly not going to tell us that it too late, so I was wondering if any of you experienced Cruise Critic cruisers had been to Capri at this time of year.

The first time I was on Capri was the third week of October about five years ago. We didn't attempt to go to the Blue Grotto on that trip (finally got there this summer) but we did spend the entire day on the island. I didn't notice anything shut down - all the restaurants and shops I saw were open and quite busy. It was a beautiful day, in the low 80's, with a gentle breeze that kept it feeling cool.

Archived