Review of the Ruby by a Newbie (8/8/09)

fridaythecat.u.k.

Wonderful review...We are on the Ruby next February and can't wait...Can you tell me who the Cruise Director is on the ship...Thanks, Jill

Hi Jill

The Cruise Director for our cruise was James Lay. He was OK.

I wish I was going to be on again in February with you :D Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

I had to chuckle at this ... we have a new appreciation for proper manner here in the colonies, at least. The lack of simple manners on this cruise was astounding to us ... and loud?!!! Why was everyone yelling at each other even in simple conversation? I finally had had it at the Rome airport as we were trying to get off a shuttle bus and just screamed at the people rushing to get on to get back while we unloaded our luggage off the shuttle. :eek: Don't know if they were Italians, Americans or what, but I got their attention and they backed off. :D Should have done it on the ship when people would rush into an elevator, rather than letting those on board exit first.

Sorry about your trip to the Acropolis. We also did it for just the price of the train ($1 Eu each way) which was very easy to navigate and the gate admission. Plus, we were not tied to a group and just wandered around at our own pace. Now, our tour of the Colosseum by their in-house guides was excellent.

I have not been to Egypt, but the ruins in Ephesus are amazing. If you are ever back in Kusadasi, I highly recommend a small group tour.

It was fun to read someone else's review. Thanks for posting.

Hi SingerEsq

Thanks for your kind comments, I really enjoyed your "live from" too :) though of course I read it when it wasn't so "live" :D

Yes, we much prefer to do things on our own rather than being herded around in a group! Oh well, you live and learn! Unlike you, we were not prepared for the ports in advance, so it was our own fault ;)

I will go and see Ephesus if ever I am back in Kusadasi, and likewise, I would strongly recommend a trip to Egypt to you! ;)

Hi Jill

The Cruise Director for our cruise was James Lay. He was OK.

I wish I was going to be on again in February with you :D Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks for your fast reply...We had James Lay on the Emerald Princess and I remember him when he was an asst CD...Was Martin on with him???

Thanks for your fast reply...We had James Lay on the Emerald Princess and I remember him when he was an asst CD...Was Martin on with him???

Sorry, but I can't remember the name of the chap who was on with him :eek: Must be getting old :D I will be happy to try to answer any other questions, if you have any, though ;)

Archived