ever have weather issues on canada cruises????

jackdis

Hi Everyone,

With all the talk about Hurricane Bill, just wondering if anyone has ever had a weather related problem from NY-Canada? If you need to be rerouted, where did you go? We are going on a 3 nighter. Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

With all the talk about Hurricane Bill, just wondering if anyone has ever had a weather related problem from NY-Canada? If you need to be rerouted, where did you go? We are going on a 3 nighter. Thanks!

I've never done a cuise in Canada because I'm from here but I do know they have been rerouted before it's that time of year. The seas are starting to get rough as we speak and tides is very high right now. We don't have many storms come up this far east so you should be ok.

I was on the Triumph last week and the weather was great. The worst was half a cloudy day in Halifax.

The people who left last Thursday weren't so lucky. Right now they should be headed from St John to Halifax but they are currently going in circles just south of Long Island on a cruise to nowhere.

I guess these are the extremes.

The worse we had on our Canada cruise was that the fog was so heavy that we couldn't even see the deck chairs on the ship. My husband was sitting in one and I in another and I couldn't see him. We docked at St.John and had already booked an excursion on a transport bus to the reversing falls and you couldn't see anything. It was slightly funny as the bus driver was obviously use to it and stopped on the side of the road and pointed to the right and told us about this tower that we couldn't even see. It was still a great cruise.

What a diff. a day makes. We sailed the Triumph 8-15 to 8-20 The weather was great some fog at night, Fog horn blowing but not as bad as last year on the Victory. The Canadians I spoke with say mid Aug. thru Sept. are warmest time of year. But you never know when a hurricane may strike Ahh.

Hi Everyone,

When is there going to be a 3 nighter to Canada from NYC? I love this iitin and it is so well priced! I would love a 3 nighter. When is it scheduled?

The worse we had on our Canada cruise was that the fog was so heavy that we couldn't even see the deck chairs on the ship. My husband was sitting in one and I in another and I couldn't see him. We docked at St.John and had already booked an excursion on a transport bus to the reversing falls and you couldn't see anything. It was slightly funny as the bus driver was obviously use to it and stopped on the side of the road and pointed to the right and told us about this tower that we couldn't even see. It was still a great cruise.

Very true. It's probably not a good idea to take a cruise to Canada for the weather. We went in late June, had pretty typical weather (which ain't good, lol) and had a great time. We realized early on that we just needed to alter our usual Caribean habits. We stayed up late, slept in and enjoyed more of the indoor activities. All in all, it was nice and relaxing.

Sorry, it's a 4 nighter. They are happening now.

I thought so but just in case I missed something about a 3 nighter I asked. We did the 5 night as we preferred the extra night and the nice educational stuff in Halifax. We would like to do this itin again so day.....wish they would add Bar Harbor instead of St. John to the summer 5 nighters. Not interested in the fall itins as we will only travel with our kids and don't take them out of school for trips.

Archived