Lets go to the Family Travelers Forum

momsbusy

I know I posted I love being around kids. Just because a few posters (think of how many read and post here) dont like kids you are going to take it personally ... or is this yet another play on the other complaining threads and meant as a joke?

As entertaining as this Forum is, I guess those of us with kids are truly not wanted, and I suggest we all go to that new Family Vacations Forum they started (listed above).

I'm not sure why you want to pick up your marbles and leave. There's other things to discuss other than kids. Though discussing kids on board the ship is not my thing, I will put my TCW in about my experiences with them on board the ship. It will be no different over at the "Family" board as there will be p*ssing matches over there as well.

It seems like every time I come here there are arguments, and its tiring. I love travel and love gabbing with others about travel, and I find all the arguing pointless and exhausting.

So you started this thread to complain about the threads that dont please you. Seems to me to be twice as many threads started lately to complain or make fun of the folks who had what they thought was a legitimate gripe. btw I also dont mind smokers and used to go up to Lido in the morning and hang out with them while I drink some coffee.

Any thread you dont like, just dont read it... complaining just adds to the threads complainers already have started that seem in abudance lately.

Said in my best Jeff Foxworthy imitation:

So I guess I have a question for you OP. Do you allow your kids to run around on their own? If you do you might be a hated parent.

Do you think that your kids are angels and would never do anything bad when your not there to supervise? If so you might be a hated parent.

Do you think that the rules of Carnival are just suggestions and your sweet little patootie can get in the pool or hot tub in swimmies? If so you might be a hated parent.

Do you think that just because you think your kids are "mature" they would never do something like flip off other guests? push all the buttons in the elevators? Run past a senior with a walker almost knocking them down? Skip in front of people in the buffet? If so, you might be a hated parent.

I really don't think anyone on here hates kids, but if your going to have a family vacation, just stay with your kids and be a family or leave them with a trustworthy adult that will keep an eye on them.

I think some "hated parents" think it's their vacation too, just let the kids go do their thing, which is how the "I hate kids" threads get started.

There is a lot said about considerate smokers vs uncaring smokers, I think the same can be said of parents, are you considerate or not so much?

I myself love kids and am thrilled to think they will be raised traveling in this manner, but I would not expect any of this behavior from any kid. My son was raised with rules and guidence and I did not inflict him on others, I expect the same from other parents.

Hope you have a great time.........

Carole

So you started this thread to complain about the threads that dont please you. Seems to me to be twice as many threads started lately to complain or make fun of the folks who had what they thought was a legitimate gripe. btw I also dont mind smokers and used to go up to Lido in the morning and hang out with them while I drink some coffee.

Any thread you dont like, just dont read it... complaining just adds to the threads complainers already have started that seem in abudance lately.

Agreed, time for the hosts to pick up the ball and start nuking all this off topic stuff.

Archived