Titanic - A 100 Year Experience??

My wife and I will be on the Carnival Triumph next weekend, and this excursion sounds interesting - but when I read the description it just sounds like they drive you to the cemetery and talk to you about history. I love nautical history, but I am more interested in the Maritime Museum which is not included in the price. I think it might be more worth it take the ten minute walk to the museum rather then pay $60.00 for us to go a cemetery?? Any body been on this or can advise?

The Maritime Museum is great and very close to walk. The graveyard is gravestones in my opinion and not worth $60.00. Once you have walked to the museum you can easily walk to Citadel Hill as long as you can do hills.

My wife and I will be on the Carnival Triumph next weekend, and this excursion sounds interesting - but when I read the description it just sounds like they drive you to the cemetery and talk to you about history. I love nautical history, but I am more interested in the Maritime Museum which is not included in the price. I think it might be more worth it take the ten minute walk to the museum rather then pay $60.00 for us to go a cemetery?? Any body been on this or can advise?

Definitely choose the museum over the tour! There are 3 floors in the museum which covers a lot of maritime history. The original deck chair from the Titantic is just icing on the cake! If you wish to spend the time, there is a film on the explosion that occurred right in the harbor that is included in the admission price. Be sure to check the shop on the way out to see what you may wish to purchase as a reminder of your visit.

MARAPRINCE

The Maritime Museum is great and only a short walk from the ship. Be sure and bring AAA or other cards to get a discount. There are lots of shops along the way to the museum. Have fun!

We were in Halifax this past July and we rented a car from Avis and drove to Peggys Cove, then to the cemetary then dropped the car off back at the Avis office. Then we walked downhill to the museum. I would strongly encourage this, it made for a great day. It was such an easy drive especially if you have your GPS. You can rent one from Avis if you like. The cemetary is just a cemetary but it was still neat to visit it. The museum is better though. I wonder what it would cost to take a taxi out to the cemetary from the museum? I had debated on doing this but really wanted to see Peggy's Cove. It was beautiful too. It cost us around $72 american dollars to rent the car which is not bad for the day. Have a great cruise!:)

Archived