Dress for Cruise and Holiday party

rian90

I am so impressed by your fashion sense, I thought I would ask a question here that sort of has a cruise theme but not entirely. My husband started a new job last December and at the last minute, we went to their holiday party. His former company did not have a party so this was rather new to me. I was shocked to discover that people were REALLY dressed up and I was there in my rather frumpy blue dress.

So I decided to start looking for something now and if possible, use it again next September when we sail in the Med.

I am naturally a dark golden blond but now have medium auburn hair (I love it!) so I am shying away from black and looking for something that looks better with my hair. I browsed Coldwater Creek, one of my favorite stores, and found this on sale. Its a pale green, which looks great with my hair, but I am concerned it might not be very 'holidayish'. Of course, I suppose with gold sandals and some jewelry it might be okay.

So I am asking your opinion. Would this work for a holiday party? I feel pretty sure it would be fine for the cruise, especially since NCL does not require a formal although I enjoy it anyway. Now, I am not nearly as young or thin at this model but with the proper 'undergarments' I think it would work for me. Of course, won't know until I order it. :)

Here is the picture. Thanks!

greendress.jpg

I think that is a really pretty outfit! A lot of people show up to holiday parties in black, so I think it would be refreshing to wear a different color and add some sparkly jewelry for evening.

As for an NCL cruise, there were many people dressed up on the "formal.. or not" nights on both the Dawn & the Gem when I cruised, so this will be perfect.

It's great to get a headstart on holiday/party outfits. This way when the season gets here for holiday parties, you can concentrate on enjoying the yourself rather than stressing over what to wear.

Thanks! I was afraid maybe it was too light and too pastel. But I live in Florida so a darker color will get very little use...so I guess its worth it.

I hate shopping for formal dresses! I am a tomboy, even at my age and buying fancy dresses never works out for me. I bought one for our Carribean cruise and I didn't feel comfortable in it at all. It wasn't super fancy, but fancy for me. But it was too clingy and too low cut and I was tugging at the dress the entire night. I couldn't wait to get out of it! I don't want that to happen again so figured I would start early this time instead of putting it off as I usually do!

I ordered the dress and am hoping it fits! So do you think gold or silver? The girl in the picture is wearhing gold but there is another picture of the dress on the site with silver and that looks nice as well. I wear both although gold may be better with my auburn hair. That is me in my picture but my hair is now a bit darker red and I like it so much better.

Thanks for the help and the compliments. :)

Archived