Question About Priceline

Just another piece of advice, once you win your bid, print out your Priceline emails/paperwork and bring it with you to the hotel. I had reserved 4 rooms via Priceline, but once I checked in they only had 3 rooms reserved. Luckily I had my Priceline emails with me...Good Luck!

"IMANITA" -

We stayed at the Manchester Grand Hyatt and the outside and lobby of the hotel are very nice (thus the 4 star rating), the rooms just have not been updated in what looks to be since the 80's - more like a 3 star room in my opinion. The location was nice though, right next to Seaport Village. I was hoping for the Omni as other bidders posted on Better Bidding with similar dates as mine and the Omni is what they got.

Enjoy the Onmi - it looks wonderful and as I tip I read (probably already mentioned somewhere on these boards) is to sign up for their loyalty club (for free) and you get some really nice benefits on even your first stay. Like free juice delivered every morning, free pressing of 2 items, etc. And they have a great gift bag for kids that stay there with fun things to keep them busy. I am sure you already know but if you are parking a car plan on around $22 a night for parking although at the Omni I read that you can park across the street in a garage for less. Have fun!

Oh and I completely agree with Ocean State, bring that copy of your Priceline paperwork. The first time I used Priceline the hotel "lost" my reservation and my Priceline print out saved me:)

Thanks Ocean State - have put it in my take file. I sure hope they don't lose my reservation.

[quote name='Ocean State']Just another piece of advice, once you win your bid, print out your Priceline emails/paperwork and bring it with you to the hotel. I had reserved 4 rooms via Priceline, but once I checked in they only had 3 rooms reserved. Luckily I had my Priceline emails with me...Good Luck![/quote]

[quote name='sjalex20']"IMANITA" -

We stayed at the Manchester Grand Hyatt and the outside and lobby of the hotel are very nice (thus the 4 star rating), the rooms just have not been updated in what looks to be since the 80's - more like a 3 star room in my opinion. The location was nice though, right next to Seaport Village. I was hoping for the Omni as other bidders posted on Better Bidding with similar dates as mine and the Omni is what they got.

Enjoy the Onmi - it looks wonderful and as I tip I read (probably already mentioned somewhere on these boards) is to sign up for their loyalty club (for free) and you get some really nice benefits on even your first stay. Like free juice delivered every morning, free pressing of 2 items, etc. And they have a great gift bag for kids that stay there with fun things to keep them busy. I am sure you already know but if you are parking a car plan on around $22 a night for parking although at the Omni I read that you can park across the street in a garage for less. Have fun!

Oh and I completely agree with Ocean State, bring that copy of your Priceline paperwork. The first time I used Priceline the hotel "lost" my reservation and my Priceline print out saved me:)[/quote]

Thanks! I feel more comforted now!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='sjalex20']"IMANITA" -

Oh and I completely agree with Ocean State, bring that copy of your Priceline paperwork. The first time I used Priceline the hotel "lost" my reservation and my Priceline print out saved me:)[/QUOTE]

Yeah hotels always seem to lose reservations from Priceline and stuff. I've had to print out the reservation page from the hotel's business center on more than one occasion. Somehow they can't find it from my name.

Funny, I've never had a problem with hotels losing Priceline reservations and I use the service A LOT.

Here is a guide I've created and given talks about at my University. It is made for conference travel but works just fine for other types. :)

[url]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~cmong/trip/conference_travel.pdf[/url]

This is a fantastic piece of work - thank you so much. I have added it to my favourites and will be referring to it often. Much obliged. :)

[quote name='silentbob007']Funny, I've never had a problem with hotels losing Priceline reservations and I use the service A LOT.

Here is a guide I've created and given talks about at my University. It is made for conference travel but works just fine for other types. :)

[URL]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~cmong/trip/conference_travel.pdf[/URL][/quote]

[quote name='kewlguy']We also won the Omni in San Diego on Priceline. The reviews on Trip Advisor are outstanding.[/quote]

It is a very nice hotel ... had part of a conference there last year and it was the only place that set out free drinks and snacks. They also have a McCormick and Schmick's in the lobby which offered a cheaper lunch menu than a Pepsi and bag of chips from the Manchester Grand Hyatt .... ;)

Archived