Eating all meals in dining room?

JackieH

....... We don't like the wandering with a full tray looking for a table routine either. I'm on vacation, let someone else wait on me!

Speaking of trays.....does Carnival have trays in their buffet area? Royal Caribbean did away with their trays a couple of years ago. You are walking around trying to balance your salad and lunch/dinner plate while trying to find a table.

Does anybody eat all their meals in the dining room? We have been on 3 cruises, and another coming up in Aug 2010 :)

I actually prefer to eat the meals in the dining room. Now on the first two cruises, we did a lot of the buffet for breakfast and lunch. Then, one day we did breakfast and I loved it, and then lunch..loved it as well.

Last yr when we were on RCCL..we did all meals in dining room, except the welcome aboard buffet and one breakfast. The buffet areas always seem too crowded. The dining room experience is nice, leisurely and doesnt feel rushed or crowded. Many times when we ate at the buffet on Carnival as well as RCCL..sometimes we walked in circles trying to find a table for our party of 7.

Anybody else enjoy the dining room experience for all meals?

We also prefer the dining room, but I find that my girls and I usually get up early enough for breakfast in the dining room and my son and husband don't, so we usually pass them in the Lido buffet on the way back from breakfast ourselves. I don't like the buffet as much as the dining room, seating can be a problem, but I love their made to order omelettes. When we officially board the ship and everyone goes to the buffet we go upstairs (if they have a restaurant up there -- like Conquest does). It's right above the buffet but no one goes up there! Or the pizza place at the back of the ship, so good and way less crowded for food AND seating.

Thanks Bill! So, the room service menu is very limited... got it! Learning so much from CC!:D

I disagree... room service isn't a bad option, particularly the last morning. The kiddos got cereal, but I got lox and cream cheese on a bagel several mornings and thought it was quite good, came with capers and everything.

Speaking of trays.....does Carnival have trays in their buffet area? Royal Caribbean did away with their trays a couple of years ago. You are walking around trying to balance your salad and lunch/dinner plate while trying to find a table.

We were on Glory in March and they didn't have trays. We found that if we wanted salad, that was one trip and then another to get the rest of the meal. I know we could have mixed things on our plate, but I don't like salad dressing mixed with other food. I know I am a PIA, lol.

We always eat breakfast in the MDR...sometimes, lunch. If we're at the pool, the buffet is an easier, quicker option (with bathing suits, etc...) for lunch.
We HATE buffets...they're just totally nasty...folks handling the tongs, the food...no clean tables, you have to carry plates, drinks, utensils....it's awful!
The dining room is a much nicer, more civilized enviroment!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Best food I had on the Sensation was lunch in the dining room. Except for the obnoxious unbehaved child at the table. Breakfast is much nicer having someone serve it to you. I get coffee in the morning delivered to the room, and once I am up and awake, it's off to the MDR for breakfast. Looking forward to repeating the same "spoil me" behavior on the Legend.:p[/FONT]

[quote name='JackieH']Does anybody eat all their meals in the dining room? We have been on 3 cruises, and another coming up in Aug 2010 :)

I actually prefer to eat the meals in the dining room. Now on the first two cruises, we did a lot of the buffet for breakfast and lunch. Then, one day we did breakfast and I loved it, and then lunch..loved it as well.

Last yr when we were on RCCL..we did all meals in dining room, except the welcome aboard buffet and one breakfast. The buffet areas always seem too crowded. The dining room experience is nice, leisurely and doesnt feel rushed or crowded. Many times when we ate at the buffet on Carnival as well as RCCL..sometimes we walked in circles trying to find a table for our party of 7.

Anybody else enjoy the dining room experience for all meals?[/quote]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=SeaGreen]We don't do all, but we do like the dining room, it just takes more time is all[/COLOR][/SIZE]

We eat all dinners in the dining rooms and most times breakfast as well. Just like being served. If we miss breakfast, we'll do the buffet..lunch DR or Buffet depending on our schedules.

Nothing feels quite as good as being served breakfast w/ a smile and dressing a little for a dinner out... We'll even do that on our upcoming NCL 14 Nite repo on the Jewel. on Oct. 30th. Counting down now.

We Will also certainly try some specialty restaurants for dinner as well. yum yum and can't wait

Archived