Carnival Splendor...decks to avoid for cabins?

Enetric

For the rate we were given for the 27th of September...they had Empress or Upper for a Balcony room. ($579 per person). What would you take and why?

For an Oceanview room on the 13th of September, it was Riviera ($469).

No idea if these are good rates or where I should go for a room. I did Carnival years ago...Imagination, and we had Oceanview. Never did Balcony. Any feedback is appreciated!

For the rate we were given for the 27th of September...they had Empress or Upper for a Balcony room. ($579 per person). What would you take and why?

For an Oceanview room on the 13th of September, it was Riviera ($469).

No idea if these are good rates or where I should go for a room. I did Carnival years ago...Imagination, and we had Oceanview. Never did Balcony. Any feedback is appreciated!

Amazing. You were just told that what you are posting is not allowed and yet you staRT ANOTHER THREAD WITH MORE INFORMATION....

Special!

Amazing. You were just told that what you are posting is not allowed and yet you staRT ANOTHER THREAD WITH MORE INFORMATION....

Special!

Maybe you could be more specific...because the only thing I believe I was told was we are not allowed to name travel agents....and I deliberately did not do so here.

I seem to have read many posts with $'s included if that was what you meant...but I can gladly avoid doing that if a mod tells me that is not allowed.

Anyway...can someone answer the rest of the questions I had in the first post? Looking for info about the decks. Would you take Empress or Upper for a balcony room? Any problem with Riviera for an Oceanview?

All these rooms seem to be further towards the back of the ship. Is that a good thing for this particular ship?

Thank you....

Maybe you could be more specific...because the only thing I believe I was told was we are not allowed to name travel agents....and I deliberately did not do so here.

I seem to have read many posts with $'s included if that was what you meant...but I can gladly avoid doing that if a mod tells me that is not allowed.

Anyway...can someone answer the rest of the questions I had in the first post? Looking for info about the decks. Would you take Empress or Upper for a balcony room? Any problem with Riviera for an Oceanview?

All these rooms seem to be further towards the back of the ship. Is that a good thing for this particular ship?

Thank you....

You're golden on this one.

I always take Empress deck, Cabins above and below. Cuts down on the ambient noise.

We just got off the Splendor and had a balconey room on upper deck near the back. We were right above lots of clubs and people who are drunk really suck at singing kareoke. We eventually got used to it and occasionally joined in. But just know that they sing poorly until about 2 am.

We just got off the Splendor and had a balconey room on upper deck near the back. We were right above lots of clubs and people who are drunk really suck at singing kareoke. We eventually got used to it and occasionally joined in. But just know that they sing poorly until about 2 am.

Well that clinches that! I switched to Empress deck. Still near the rear though. Did you notice more motion in the rear? I realize this could vary by each sailing depending on how rough the seas are...but curious if you noticed it.

We were on the Riviera deck, midship. It was quiet. Took a walk around the Riviera deck and noticed that the forward cabins were rockier than the aft cabins.

On the Splendor, most of the cabins are under or over public rooms. For that reason, the Riviera and the Empress decks are good choices if you like to sleep in or go to bed early.

I will probably go balcony on Empress at this point...but I did get a good rate on an oceanview facing out the back of the ship on the Main level. Thoughts on that room if you are doing Oceanview...and thought on being at the very back? I think its a 6D room....

• 9 years later...
On 8/24/2009 at 9:55 PM, Enetric said:

Well that clinches that! I switched to Empress deck. Still near the rear though. Did you notice more motion in the rear? I realize this could vary by each sailing depending on how rough the seas are...but curious if you noticed it.

As a general rule, the closer you are to the front or rear of the ship, the more motion you will notice/feel.  Same applies for the level you are on. The higher the level, the more motion. 

4 hours ago, mfrohrip said:

Does anyone know about rooms 1299 and 1301 on Riveria deck?  

We were in 1290 and liked it. The OV cabins are 235 sq. ft. We generally like cabins a little more in the middle, but we didn't feel any rocking..