Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

From the Zuiderdam in Acapulco.

Received my cabin on the pier upon sailing Sep 29th. VH guarantee turned into Cabin VA7143. Not too shabby.

Good things do happen at the Pier!

Have a wonderful cruise

Hi first post be gentle! We got our cabin upgraded from VF to VA

Would like to know if this is HALs final choice as we have now given everyone our cabin number for correspondence purposes.

Don't Know, things can change at the pier, but once assigned it seldom does.

If I am wrong others will let you know

What a wonderful trip - have a great time.

Wildwoods. It is probably not very likely, but I have to say it happened to us in May on Rotterdam. We got our upgrade two weeks before with which I have to say we were very pleased. Then three days before we were upgraded a second time.

Wildwoods. It is probably not very likely, but I have to say it happened to us in May on Rotterdam. We got our upgrade two weeks before with which I have to say we were very pleased. Then three days before we were upgraded a second time.

Does anyone know if they will ever downgrade you after giving an upgrade? For instance, I've got an SZ guarantee. Let's say next week they assign me an SC. Is it possible for them to change that to a SY at the pier? Just curious...

Does anyone know if they will ever downgrade you after giving an upgrade? For instance, I've got an SZ guarantee. Let's say next week they assign me an SC. Is it possible for them to change that to a SY at the pier? Just curious...

I have never heard of it happening. I've been following cruise critic posts since 2001 and never read of anyone getting downgraded. Happy Sailing!

I really don't think so, but there's a very slight possibility that if you're assigned to an SC HCP-accessible cabin, and someone really needs it, they may switch you back, but I think they would contact you first and make it worth your while.

I have never heard of it happening. I've been following cruise critic posts since 2001 and never read of anyone getting downgraded. Happy Sailing!

I really don't think so, but there's a very slight possibility that if you're assigned to an SC HCP-accessible cabin, and someone really needs it, they may switch you back, but I think they would contact you first and make it worth your while.

Interesting! Thanks to both of you. I just didn't want to get all excited only to find out nothing is permanent!

Whew! Finally got our cabin number for our cruise on the 8th. They cut it a little close but we did get a nice upgrade from guarantee inside to a nice outside on the lower prom. deck.

Now if I can just calm down, I am so ready to leave!!

Whew! Finally got our cabin number for our cruise on the 8th. They cut it a little close but we did get a nice upgrade from guarantee inside to a nice outside on the lower prom. deck.

Congrats!! Have a great time!!

Friends are sailing on the Westerdam, Nov 1...that cruise has been showing fully booked.

They just responded to an email and upgraded from a VE to an SY for $99 each.

So things are moving about on that sailing. Anyone waiting for an assignment should be getting it soon!!!

Congrats! Have a wonderful trip!

Yeah!!:D Have fun. I can't wait for you to go either because once you leave, that means only a few more cruises and we will be on that cruise too. I can't wait!!

Congrats!! Have a great time!!

Friends are sailing on the Westerdam, Nov 1...that cruise has been showing fully booked.

They just responded to an email and upgraded from a VE to an SY for $99 each.

So things are moving about on that sailing. Anyone waiting for an assignment should be getting it soon!!!

Do you know when they got the offer?

The cruise shows fully booked - then showed cabins available - then fully booked.

I looked today at two online sites and both showed inside cabins available.

Do you know when they got the offer?

The cruise shows fully booked - then showed cabins available - then fully booked.

I looked today at two online sites and both showed inside cabins available.

They received an email yesterday with the offer.

My friend called HAL about another matter, about 2 weeks ago, and she was told then that the ship was full.:confused: So she was surprised when the email came offering an upgrade.

Ours has come up today for Rotterdam on the 17th October. HH to DD. It is toward the back of the ship and interestingly has steps just outside the window and I thought was under the dining room. Hence where do steps lead to. On closer inspection of deckplan it seems that the dining room has a shape taken out towards the back. Does anyone know what this area is. It spans two decks in other words both dining rooms. I guess the outside stairs must lead to that.

We're on the Oct. 16 Noordam sailing out of Rome. Had a VH gty, and were just assigned VA8135 on the Navigation deck. No idea if this is a good thing or a bad thing (looks like it's right below a pool - is that a problem?), but it is what it is!

Archived