Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

We're on the Oct. 16 Noordam sailing out of Rome. Had a VH gty, and were just assigned VA8135 on the Navigation deck. No idea if this is a good thing or a bad thing (looks like it's right below a pool - is that a problem?), but it is what it is!

That area is below the adults only pool. You might hear slight noise in the morning when they are setting up the deck chairs. Once they are in position, most people do not move them around much. That room is in a great location to get a quick snack at the Lido and enjoy it on your balcony. If you are a really light sleeper, you could bring a pair of earplugs along. But with those comfy HAL beds, I never slept better. Enjoy your cruise. Noordam is a great ship and I can't wait to sail on her again.

Hi all, I've learned so much from everyone here and would like an answer from the experts. I've booked a guarantee inside for Saturday and haven't been assigned a room yet, however, others on my ship have already gotten their assignments way back on the 1st. Is that normal or should I be worried?

Hi all, I've learned so much from everyone here and would like an answer from the experts. I've booked a guarantee inside for Saturday and haven't been assigned a room yet, however, others on my ship have already gotten their assignments way back on the 1st. Is that normal or should I be worried?

Don't be worried. You'll have a room. You may be given the assignment at the port but that's no biggie, either. Have a wonderful trip!

My turn again to wait for a cabin assignment :D .... did the gty with my 3-day coastal on Zuiderdam and went from a MM to a K....still an outside, but good location and size of cabin.....

Now...I am waiting for cabin for our Zaandam Hawaii round trip on November 7th. We have an EE Gty on this....so, let's see what happens! :D :D :D I really would be MORE than happy with an EE and JUST to be taking this cruise so I am not even "sweating it" :o It's all good :D

Aloha

It's 13 days till we sail on the Eurodam now, and I keep checking the HAL site every few hours hoping for a cabin number.

Anyone else got HAL cruises coming up in the next couple of weeks, also waiting?

We have a VH guar - would love to end up with a plexiglass railing, but we only have one sea day, so I guess it doesn't matter too much :)

I have sailed with HAL 3 previous times, Eurodam will be our 4th. We have a guarantee as well for our cruise set to sail Nov 7. Not to worry! My husband and I are Mariners (previous HAL crusiers) and went the guarantee route to see what that was like. Our cabin was assigned 2 weeks prior to sailing last time, and we were upgraded on our Alaska trip from Inside to Outside, and a good location! This time it is a balcony, so we hold our breath and hope for the best! I did contact our Travel consultant and gave her preferences (no obstructed view) so I will let you know what we end up with.

I am still waiting. And waiting. . . We are on the Westerdam on Nov 15th with our family and friends reunion cruise. Three couples have their cabin assignments, three others do not. We are in the "do not" category. I envy those of our group who have their cabin numbers. ----Penny

I am waiting for a cabin assignment on the Nov 13 th Zuiderdam with a SY gty Last friday all the cabins were sold out in one day. How does the gty work with no sy or above being open for sale. Is an upgrade out of the question if sold out. Gman

I am waiting for a cabin assignment on the Nov 13 th Zuiderdam with a SY gty Last friday all the cabins were sold out in one day. How does the gty work with no sy or above being open for sale. Is an upgrade out of the question if sold out. Gman

On my cruise, everything was showing as being sold out for weeks before I got my assignment-- and I still got a 6 category upgrade. So, don't let the appearance of no cabins discourage you! I think HAL must have an inventory of cabins set aside that they use to assign the guarantees.

HAL will close all categories to assess how many cabins are available -- this usually happens after all the TA Room Blocks are released. They start upgrading people and assign Guarantees after that.

I'm waiting for my 11/14 Eurodam GTY assignment. Same thing happened with our cruise. Closed categories just means HAL doesn't want to sell anymore of them. It doesn't mean that category shuffling won't take place. Happy Sailing!

In the last week I've noticed that all the oceanview cabins, the balcony gty (VF) and one one category of inside cabins were still open on our 12/5 Eurodam cruise.

We booked balcony gty (VF) so I figure the only way we can go is up from now on!:) Would love a VQ balcony or anything with a plexiglas railing.

Have been religiously checking each night for our cabin assignment on the Nov 13, Zuiderdam cruise. NOTHING! until tonight. Had an SZ Guarantee and now have an SS on the Navigation Deck (8097).

Have always picked our cabin, typically on the Upper Verandah deck in the middle. This is more towards the Aft - but I'm certain it will be great - and closer to the Ice Cream as DW pointed out when I told her. Leave it to my wife to find the ice cream lining! Now, as long as they don't change it....

All we need is for the cruise to begin - can't wait!

Archived