Valor

lummy1

We sailed on Valor to Western Caribbean in March 2009 and LOVED it! We had inside staterooms, but they were roomy, comfortable, and had plenty of storage space. I thought the Valor was a very pretty ship. Our children enjoyed the cruise, especially the water slide! Happy to answer other questions for you if I can.

We have recently return from an Exotic Western on the Valor that set sail on the 16th August 2009.

We have sailed on three other ships before and this is by far the worst maintained ship and the poorest service we have sailed on.

I am comparing this to the Carnival Liberty (October 2008). The other two were the Explorer and the Freedom of the seas from Royal Caribbean.

I was really saddened by the way this beautiful ship was being taken care of.

The Cruise Director and those in-charge were trying to up-sell , mislead and down-right tell untruths to get your last penny. Sorry Tex, I tell it as I see it.

We may have been unfortunate with our designated servers and stateroom attendants, but I see the staff as using this as a 'jumping off' point to some more well kept and newer ships.

The slide was only open on two days although the weather and seas permitted.

Rank 4th of 4 of my cruises.

I will not go on the Valor again.

We also had a great experience on the Valor. We especially loved the Promenade which had wonderful leather couches for reading and people watching.

The food was great also, with many choices. Great service, clean and well maintained. We would not hesitate to sail on Valor again. :D

While the Conquest class ships are not my favorite (I am a huge fan of the Spirit class) ... we expect our cruise on the Valor next month to be in line with our other 31 Carnival cruises.

Remember that folks' experiences can be different due to many variables. Any ship can have an off week.

We have sailed with Tex 8 times and I have never found him to hard sell anything. (our last cruise with him was in February).

I will let you know when I get back!

New Member: Has anyone been on the Carnival Valor. May use this ship in March 2010. thanks

Hey Lummy1,

I'm from Batltle Creek....Valor Rocks!!!! Sailed her 2 years ago during spring break, just booked a group cruise with her for April '10.......We enjoyed Valor very much......no major complaints.......good staff, clean, had everything we needed.......except free beer!!!!!

We sailed the Valor in November of '08 to the Eastern Caribbean. I was not a huge fan of the ship itself, just because of the layout. Certain floors don't go all the way through from one end to the other, and there are two dining rooms. To get to our dining room, you had to go through the cigar bar...ick! However, our room was wonderful (8C), the food was great and the ports of call terrific. Chris was our cruise director, and he is a really nice guy. After several days, tho, the jokes get just a little stale! LOL We also had Chris on our cruise on the Pride in '06, and that's probably why he seemed a little stale. Same jokes, different cruise! Our room steward was wonderful and always kept our ice bucket full. I think I like the size of the Pride better...just a bit smaller and easier to navigate, but all in all, it's a cruise I would do again!:D

DW most recently sailed Valor in Nov. of last year and only had really good things to say about the ship, crew and service. Her biggest concern was the overall lack of class displayed by some of her fellow sailers. Probably about what you get in life in general.

As you can see we are booked on our 4th Valor cruise in October. We really love this ship class and once you learn the layout your good to go.

Carnival has never failed to meet or exceed our cruise expectations. Granted we are "go with the flow" types but we know what we like when we sail and have always had a delightful time. You know being off of work, sailing in warm climates and stopping as some really cool places is hard to beat!

Happy Sailing!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :D

We loved our cruise on the Valor last year. I prefer Spirit class ships (Valor is a Conquest class) but would go on Valor or another Conquest class again in a heartbeat!

We did Eastern Caribbean itinerary on Valor and it was great. I think you would really have a great time on Valor.....go for it! :)

I am fresh off the Valor, and I had a really great time. As other posters said, the layout is a little odd, especially getting to the Washington Dining Room; however, I found the ship to be clean and the service to be friendly.

The ports of call (at least the Western route) is really unique compared to my previous cruises. Roatan and Belize are a huge contrast to Cayman and Cozumel. Do research and go on excursions in Roatan and Belize, either through the ship or through external tours...it's a much better experience than winging it.

On a side note, Big Tex just left the ship for a two-month break yesterday, so (Little) Gary, who has been assistant director, is now the director.

I am fresh off the Valor, and I had a really great time. As other posters said, the layout is a little odd, especially getting to the Washington Dining Room; however, I found the ship to be clean and the service to be friendly.

The ports of call (at least the Western route) is really unique compared to my previous cruises. Roatan and Belize are a huge contrast to Cayman and Cozumel. Do research and go on excursions in Roatan and Belize, either through the ship or through external tours...it's a much better experience than winging it.

On a side note, Big Tex just left the ship for a two-month break yesterday, so (Little) Gary, who has been assistant director, is now the director.

misskat... are you going to post a review soon? Right now I live for Valor reviews:D

going on valor 12/6/09. How is Big Tex as a CD. We sailed with John Heald on our honeymoon, and he was unbelievebly funny! Thanks!

We sailed Valor last summer - loved it. Everything was great. We stopped in St. Martin, St. Thomas & Nassau. My pics are on my facebook & myspace and I posted a review here on cruisecritic. I will say though, that my sailings out of Galveston seemed to have a more outgoing staff in general.

Color us as Valor fans and as Chris fans (although I am pretty sure he has switched ships since). We sailed last Thanskgiving on the Western Itinerary, and loved it.

The layout was a lot less confusing than I expected, probably because it had been built up so significantly on these boards.

The Valor and crew have my family hooked on cruising.......

My wife and I sailed on the Valor in 2005. We both loved the ship and had a wonderful time on our cruise. We love the atrium with the red, white and blue theme. This isn't anything on the ship that we didn't like. All of Carnival's ships that we have been on have been beautiful and we have always had a wonderful time. I think you will have a good time on any of the ships that you might pick for you cruise vacation. Happy Sailing!

We are leaving on the Valor for the 2nd time this October. We sailed last October and loved it. There is a different CD this cruise and I am not familiar with him. We are excited. As stated before--any cruise is better than sitting at home!!;)

Archived