Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Less than $20 with tip! Did you also check rates at Holiday Inn Express Convention Center and Hyatt Place FLL North (Valuetrips.com has good prices on HP)? They are in the same neighborhood as Extended Stay and have good reviews and breakfast.

Thanks Royal Cruz, I checked Hyatt Place but we need Feb. 2011 and they don't list that far in advance. At Holiday Inn the least expensive senior rate is $188. I am paying 127.74 not including tax for Extended Stay. With cab from airport to Hotel and then to the pier I figure around $25, Bkft bagels etc. $15 Tax. around $12, it comes out to about $174. We'll see if Value Trips comes up with anything better for 2011. Feb. seems a very expensive time of year to go to FLL but who wants to go in the summer. :) We got a great price on Priceline for the Renaissance in Oct. about $79 and we both know why. Hurricane season. We are going on the Oasis then. Priceline is not an option yet, I guess it's too early.

Thanks again for all you help and knowledge. Really appreciate it.

Hyatt Place North is my pick. Try to get room with http://www.valuetrips.com If you book with value trips you would then cancel your present reservations.

Hyatt Place North is next door to http://www.theharborshops.com

The trolley stops in front of Publix. http://www.suntrolley.com and you can walk to water taxi.

Hyatt has shuttle from airport and to ship.

Solstice sails out of the new Celebrity facility (very nice and new).

Thank you Thank you! Hyatt Place looks great for our pre-cruise stay. We are big fans of Total Wine as well, so that solves that little issue. How does valuetrips offer such a great deal?

Thanks Royal Cruz, I checked Hyatt Place but we need Feb. 2011 and they don't list that far in advance. At Holiday Inn the least expensive senior rate is $188. I am paying 127.74 not including tax for Extended Stay. With cab from airport to Hotel and then to the pier I figure around $25, Bkft bagels etc. $15 Tax. around $12, it comes out to about $174. We'll see if Value Trips comes up with anything better for 2011. Feb. seems a very expensive time of year to go to FLL but who wants to go in the summer. :) We got a great price on Priceline for the Renaissance in Oct. about $79 and we both know why. Hurricane season. We are going on the Oasis then. Priceline is not an option yet, I guess it's too early.

Thanks again for all you help and knowledge. Really appreciate it.

You are very welcome.

Thanks.

I just booked the Sleep Inn. With my AAA # it was only $80. For a one-night stay I figured it wasn't worth the extra money for the Hyatt Place.

I haven't booked our flight yet, but if we do get in on the early side, are there places we could cab to for something to do? Maybe the beach or a main tourist strip? We are not opposed to longer walks either.

I recommended Sleep Inn because I thought you just wanted to buy wine and go to a restaurant. If you want to go to the beach or to Las Olas (downtown shopping/dining district), you are better off staying at Hyatt Place. You can get the Suntrolley to the beach for about a dollar, and Las Olas is only 3 miles in taxi fare. You can also walk to the WaterTaxi at the Hilton Marina, just over a half mile walk.

BTW, Solstice sails from the beautiful new terminal 18 in the middle of the port.

Royal Cruz could you recommend a good medium price restaurant near the Renaissance Hotel. As mentioned earlier we are staying there in Oct. and have found out they are having a boat show the week we are there and some suggest we make reservations for the restaurant. What do you think:confused:

At any rate we would like your recommendation for a restaurant by that hotel.

Thanks always for you good advice.

Forgive me if this has been asked before but I am trying to look for a hotel on the beach that does not require you to stay 3 night min. I am in hopes it has some store close by and not totally out of control in price?? ANy suggestions would be great. :)

Can someone please suggest a fun place to eat near the W Hotel Fort Lauderdale? We will have teenagers with us, so I don't want it to be romantic. We would prefer a fun bar and grill type atmosphere. We will not have a car and will be walking. Thanks!:)

Does anyone have any information on the Extened Stay Deluxe Fort Launderdale in Cypress Creek? Basically looking to see if it's a safe area and if it's a nice place. We will be bringing our car so we don't need transportation to the port.

Forgive me if this has been asked before but I am trying to look for a hotel on the beach that does not require you to stay 3 night min. I am in hopes it has some store close by and not totally out of control in price?? ANy suggestions would be great. :)

My friend stayed at Lago Mar and loved it. I don't think it requires a min night stay.

Royal Cruz could you recommend a good medium price restaurant near the Renaissance Hotel. As mentioned earlier we are staying there in Oct. and have found out they are having a boat show the week we are there and some suggest we make reservations for the restaurant. What do you think:confused:

At any rate we would like your recommendation for a restaurant by that hotel.

Thanks always for you good advice.

Bimini Boatyard (seafood, other cuisine, trendy but not overly expensive)

Taza (Middle Eastern food and belly dance shows)

Bravo Italiano (neighborhood Italian)

Kelly's Landing (Boston seafood, casual)

Bahia Mar tends to have the best rates at the beach for a large hotel property. It's across the street from the beach. None of the beach hotels normally have minimum stays unless there is an event.

Can someone please suggest a fun place to eat near the W Hotel Fort Lauderdale? We will have teenagers with us, so I don't want it to be romantic. We would prefer a fun bar and grill type atmosphere. We will not have a car and will be walking. Thanks!:)

You might like Lulu's Bait Shack in Beach Place, about a 20 minute walk south on A1A. If you continue to walk past there you'll find a bunch of restaurants across from the beach with live music. I haven't had any good food at these places but there is a lot of atmosphere. There is also a Bubba Gump's about 2 blocks past Las Olas Blvd. on A1A, and Oasis Cafe a few blocks past there. These are all within a mile of your hotel.

Does anyone have any information on the Extened Stay Deluxe Fort Launderdale in Cypress Creek? Basically looking to see if it's a safe area and if it's a nice place. We will be bringing our car so we don't need transportation to the port.

The area is safe.

Bimini Boatyard (seafood, other cuisine, trendy but not overly expensive)

Taza (Middle Eastern food and belly dance shows)

Bravo Italiano (neighborhood Italian)

Kelly's Landing (Boston seafood, casual)

Thanks Royal Cruz you have given us plenty to choose from. Really appreciate all your help.

Good Morning all,

Forgive me for asking this question I'm sure It has been answered many times on this thread, but I have read til my eyes are crossing.

Looking for Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that has free shuttle from airport to hotel and then hotel to Port Everglades. Would like for the hotel to also have contential breaksfast and to be near a 7 eleven, groc., mini market as we are Pespi Product drinkers and need to pick up a few six packs before we board the Carnival Freedmon Nov. 2010.

Any information would be helpful and Thank you cruise critic member in advance for your time & trouble.

Marcy

Marcy, we stayed at Hyatt Place North in 2008 before our cruise and were looking for the same things. The hotel has a shuttle from the airport and I'm told there is one that will take you to the port the following morning. We did not use the one to the port; the hotel helped us find a large van (there were 8 of us) and most wanted to go to the local Harley dealership for souvenirs before we boarded the ship.

The hotel has a free breakfast - if there is no place to sit, try the pool area, we sat at the pool tables and it was wonderful.

You can usually get the Hyatt on Hotwire or Priceline for $80 to $90.

Oh, if you can do about a quarter mile walk, across the street is a ?Publix? grocery and a liquor store next to it. There is an Outback Steakhouse practically in the hotel parking lot.

Enjoy your cruise!

Good Morning all,

Forgive me for asking this question I'm sure It has been answered many times on this thread, but I have read til my eyes are crossing.

Looking for Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that has free shuttle from airport to hotel and then hotel to Port Everglades. Would like for the hotel to also have contential breaksfast and to be near a 7 eleven, groc., mini market as we are Pespi Product drinkers and need to pick up a few six packs before we board the Carnival Freedmon Nov. 2010.

Any information would be helpful and Thank you cruise critic member in advance for your time & trouble.

Marcy

Hyatt Place FLL north (Publix, Winn Dixie)

Holiday Inn Express Convention Center (same as above, might not have free cruisport shuttle but it's under $15 in cab fare)

Hampton Inn airport north on 12th ave (Winn Dixie, Big Lots)

Hampton Inn Stirling Road in Hollywood (Kmart and BJs)

Things they don't tell you in the visitor's guide :eek:

They probably have lots of police for safety and cabs lined up, but if they don't I would not feel safe at all. The local newspaper once quoted a police officer saying that if you are driving in that area keep your car windows up and the doors locked and do not stop for any reason! I was once stopped at a traffic light a block west of there and a drunk guy tried to open my car door!

Local opinion please! :confused:

Flying into FLL Nov. 12 sailing Miami Nov. 15 - group of 6. Planning on renting a car (or 2). Would really like to be on the beach.

Some of us have travel points and can get the following hotels for free.

Any recommendation?

Westin Beach Resort

Best Western Oceanside Inn

Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

The Westin Fort Lauderdale

any with a kitchenette would be a bonus.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.