Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Friends have Res. there next April for Pre Cruise, as Hotel Rates for Other Hotels were $$$$.

Is there any Shuttle we can Take heading towards Miami to see homes along the Ocean ?

I'm not excited about renting a car. Thanks.

Friends have Res. there next April for Pre Cruise, as Hotel Rates for Other Hotels were $$$$.

Is there any Shuttle we can Take heading towards Miami to see homes along the Ocean ?

I'm not excited about renting a car. Thanks.

Rodeway gets very mixed reviews so I don't recommend it other than for usually having the lowest price. Sleep Inn gets better reviews, has stores and restaurants very close and gets better reviews and has very low prices also. Days Inn on Sheridan St. also has very good prices.

No shared shuttles are going to ride along the ocean. You will need to either rent a car or hire a private car service. The local taxi drivers are not good at giving tours either.

I tried to look for other hotels, but nothing else showed. Is the Hyatt the only hotel

On site ? My friend is cruising the end of Match, and hotel rates are high. Hyatt is $179.

Any other hotel suggestions ? Thanks in advance.

I tried to look for other hotels, but nothing else showed. Is the Hyatt the only hotel

On site ? My friend is cruising the end of Match, and hotel rates are high. Hyatt is $179.

Any other hotel suggestions ? Thanks in advance.

Hyatt Place is the only hotel that I know of in Fort Lauderdale area on Value trips. $179 is a great price for any hotel in the winter/spring. Anything significantly cheaper could be in a dangerous area, and this happens to be a decent hotel in a decent area.

actually cruise is the end of March.

This hotel is not available on valuetrips, but I can highly recommend the Sleep Inn and Suites, Dania . It is fine for a stay before a cruise, has shopping and a few restaurants nearby.

Most hotels are very pricey in Fort Lauderdale - this one is quite reasonable.

Jane

What about the Comfort Inn?

Any feedback on that one?

Comfort Inn & Suites

3551 W. Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale

Thanks,

We will be on the Carnival Freedom on Feb 8th. coming in on the Thursday night the 6th. From Calgary. There will be three couples.

Thanks for any info.

Does the trolley run in December? We are staying at the Embassy Suites for two nights pre cruise and would like use the water taxi one day. I have read that it is a seven block walk to the Hilton Marina, the closest water taxi stop. So would rather take the trolley although we could walk.

Does the trolley run in December? We are staying at the Embassy Suites for two nights pre cruise and would like use the water taxi one day. I have read that it is a seven block walk to the Hilton Marina, the closest water taxi stop. So would rather take the trolley although we could walk.

http://www.suntrolley.com has the schedule and route info.

Does Embassy Suites have a free shuttle to the port?

No, but it runs frequently and is reasonably priced ($12pp, if I remember correctly). Last year we were going to grab a cab, but upon exiting ES, the shuttle was out front and had room for our party of four. Worked out great. We love the location, amenities and reasonable rates of that Embassy Suites, so a free shuttle doesn't entice us.

What about the Comfort Inn?

Any feedback on that one?

Comfort Inn & Suites

3551 W. Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale

Thanks,

We will be on the Carnival Freedom on Feb 8th. coming in on the Thursday night the 6th. From Calgary. There will be three couples.

Thanks for any info.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but there are 2 airports in Fort Lauderdale, and this Comfort Inn is by the airport that only has private planes, about 10 miles from FLL. It's not a great neighborhood, and there isn't much around. It might be ok with a car if the tripadvisor reviews are ok.

Just thought I would share a great bargain I got over the weekend. We were in Key West last week and were going to drive back to FLL on Sunday for our flight home.

Decided last minute Saturday morning to head back to FLL a day early. Got on priceline and bid $107 for a 4* on the beach in FLL. Snagged the Hyatt Pier 66 on the first try.

Arrived at the hotel and ask the front desk if there was any chance of a room that we would be able to see the ships. He told me that since we used priceline that we were suppose to be in the back smaller complex (which would have still been great) But he instead upgraded us to a JR suite on the fifth floor, looking out towards the port.

This hotel was awesome. Was in the room by 4:00 so we got to watch 5 ships leave port on Saturday afternoon while sitting on our balcony. And then there were 4 more there when we got up Sunday morning. Spent the day at the awesome pool. And they even gave us a late check out of 2PM.

Parking cost us $20, but our total was still far cheaper than what our hotel would have been in Key West.

If you have a room booked that you can cancel and are willing to take a chance on a beautiful hotel, give priceline a chance. I never bid on anything less than 4* and have never been disappointed. Just need to know what the possibilities are and be ok with all of them

I'm not sure if you realize this, but there are 2 airports in Fort Lauderdale, and this Comfort Inn is by the airport that only has private planes, about 10 miles from FLL. It's not a great neighborhood, and there isn't much around. It might be ok with a car if the tripadvisor reviews are ok.

Thanks for the info!!!

We have actually booked at the Days Inn on Harbour Rd. Prices were reasonable, and location looks good.

Thanks for the info!!!

We have actually booked at the Days Inn on Harbour Rd. Prices were reasonable, and location looks good.

I would not stay there. That's the Days Inn Bahia Cabana and it looks gross. That's why it's so cheap. Read about it on TripAdvisor and stay somewhere else. If you want to stay in that area, look at Best Western Oceanside, Bahia Mar, or Alhambra for some low priced hotels with better reviews.

I would not stay there. That's the Days Inn Bahia Cabana and it looks gross. That's why it's so cheap. Read about it on TripAdvisor and stay somewhere else. If you want to stay in that area, look at Best Western Oceanside, Bahia Mar, or Alhambra for some low priced hotels with better reviews.

OK,

Thanks, will keep looking

If you have a car, I would recommend this hotel. I just spent our anniversary at the Wyndham in Deerfield Beach. We got an oceanview room for $160/night on the 7th floor with a view of the fishing pier by booking directly with the hotel. Self parking was $12. Because we were celebrating, the hotel gave us welcome cocktails and sent a bottle of cava to our room as a gift. The hotel is very clean and nice and they give you lots of products in the bathroom, bottled water, and coffee in the room. There is a one mile long paved ocean walk (with restrooms every quarter mile), as well as lifeguards on the beach, and there are 4 oceanfront restaurants right by the hotel. There are also a few shops and restaurants/bars on the block. It's about 45 minutes drive to the port, straight up A1A to Eisenhower Blvd.

Does any one have any past experience with Shuttle Companies in Florida?

I am needing to get from Fort Lauderdale to Port Canaveral and I have found 3 different companies, but all seem to have mixed reviews online.

Has anyone personally used, or can recommend which shuttle I should go with?

The 3 I have found are:

Florida Shuttle Bus (http://www.myfloridashuttlebus.com/)

Florida Shuttle Transportation (http://www.floridashuttletransportation.com/)

The Florida Express Bus (http://www.thefloridaexpressbus.com/)

I would love to hear some feedback, as well, feel free to add other suggestions!

Does any one have any past experience with Shuttle Companies in Florida?

I am needing to get from Fort Lauderdale to Port Canaveral and I have found 3 different companies, but all seem to have mixed reviews online.

Has anyone personally used, or can recommend which shuttle I should go with?

The 3 I have found are:

Florida Shuttle Bus (http://www.myfloridashuttlebus.com/)

Florida Shuttle Transportation (http://www.floridashuttletransportation.com/)

The Florida Express Bus (http://www.thefloridaexpressbus.com/)

I would love to hear some feedback, as well, feel free to add other suggestions!

This is not a common question...I think that you will get more feedback by posting a fresh new thread with what you are looking for on the thread title.