wave runner rentals in nassau??

mrdrdoso

anyone know about who we can rent waverunners from in nassau? I've never done it before and really want to. I can't find anything listed under any excursions for that so any info that anyone can send me would be great.

mary

anyone know about who we can rent waverunners from in nassau? I've never done it before and really want to. I can't find anything listed under any excursions for that so any info that anyone can send me would be great.

mary

When I was there years ago (2001) they just rented them off the beach.

mary

If you've never done it before Nassau is probably not the place to start.

It's busy, unregulated and there are terrible accidents all the time.. some fatal.

The vendors are independent and for the most part a Rip off.

I live here.. see it every day.

Here's a recent post.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1046172

People say bad things about waverunner/jet ski rentals in nassua. They say the indepent folks give you the time of an hour and then make you come in early and are mean and threathening about it....they also say people have ran out of gas and had to be towed in and wait for another jet ski...and then when one is available they say sorry your time is up...even though they were just waiting! Be CAREFULL!

I would not rent the waver runners in Nassau. My son & his girlfriend did at a public beach this past May. Even though they confirmed the time they were taking the wave runner out and the amt. of time alloted, the vendor started waving them to come in before their time was up. (still had 1/3 of their time left). Prior to going out they were told that even if they came back even a minute late they will be changed for another whole rental time slot (I believe it was 45 minutes). They came in when called to resolve the difference & spent the remainder of their time arguing with the vendor, finally giving up & leaving. My son & his girlfriend are not people to be easily intimidated. She is a NYC police officer in a rough neighborhood; but, sometimes you have to decide how much of your limited vacation time you want to spend arguing with these thieves. Choose another island for a rental or only go to a regulated vendor (whomever they may be - good luck!).

Archived