Partner Cancel

Tapit

Ok a friend of mine roomate cancel going on the cruise. Is it possable to sail alone? He can change the name for $200. But cant find anyone to go with him. If he removes the name he will have to pay and addtl $300 to sail alone. Can he just go by himself and not change anything? Any sugestions? Yep didnt get insurance. Going on the Fantasy October 26th-31st.

Once the person cancels, then he gets back some money if they are past final payment. The only way to sail alone and not pay extra is if the person who cancelled, didnt cancel, i.e., didnt do anything, just lost his money ... .then your friend could have goen and the other person would have been a no show... sorry for your friend.

2, 3, 4, and 5 day cruises

Up to 61 days None (except for Cruise-To-Nowhere and Early Saver Fares*)

60 to 30 days Deposit^

29 to 8 days 50% of Total Fare

7 days or less 100% of Total Fare

If after final payment, then the person cancelling would lose their cruise deposit ($200). The person left in the cabin will have to find someone else to go or they will have to pay as a solo cruiser. A name change is $50.

If the person cancelling does nothing and your friend does not say anything, then he can just show up at the pier. The other person would be listed as a NO SHOW.

Dave

Ok a friend of mine roomate cancel going on the cruise. Is it possable to sail alone? He can change the name for $200. But cant find anyone to go with him. If he removes the name he will have to pay and addtl $300 to sail alone. Can he just go by himself and not change anything? Any sugestions? Yep didnt get insurance. Going on the Fantasy October 26th-31st.

this happened to me once. my ta told me to say nothing and check in and get on the ship. for all they know the person that is suppose to be in the cabin with you is checking in later. it was on carnival and nothing was said to me the whole cruise. of course the other person lost their downpayment but that wasnt my problem so i didnt think about her loss. go and have a good time. i cruise alone all the time and love it. and dont worry about the other person not going.

He cannot complete the fun pass without the information for the other person. I dont think its gonna work. Thanks.

oh, i hadnt thought of that. go too the carnival site and see if you abolutely have to fill out the fun pass too get on the ship. it might just be a formality to speed up the boarding process. or im sure someone here will let you know if you ask. we are very helpful and try to help each other out. i hope it all works out for him. something to think about :)

He cannot complete the fun pass without the information for the other person. I dont think its gonna work. Thanks.

It is a formality to speed up the check-in process. He can do it at the pier. Just make sure he is checked in 90 minutes prior to sailaway.

Dave

He can fill out the funpass. He should have his roomates info, ie address, and make sure that the roomate is 'using' a birth certificate and is paying cash. Not quite a lie, but why bother with passport info and a credit card if you don't have too.

Archived