Was "informed" of a price drop but??

ms simba

My friendly "fish" pal sent me a message that my Carnival Nov 1 cruise for a 4-day Bahama cruise had a price drop. However, when I go to the Carnival web site it does not list any "Senior Rates (what my "fish" friend found) nor does it show "Past Guest" prices (which is what I booked although I am a Senior).

So now how do I found out if there was a price drop for the Sensation for the Nov 1 -5, 2009 cruise?

Since Carnival claims that prices are updated 4 times a day, is it possible that the rate dropped then went back up again between the time the email was sent and you read it?

I had some flight alerts, and every time I got a "your fare has dropped" email, it had gone up again by the time I checked.

Okay, I checked again and both the Past Guest Rate ($249) and the Senior Rate ($224) are both there. So I booked as a Past Guest, Can I go to my PVP and ask for a Senior Rate?

My PVP is with Carnival so do I email him or do I send that "form" that was mentioned?

Okay, I checked again and both the Past Guest Rate ($249) and the Senior Rate ($224) are both there. So I booked as a Past Guest, Can I go to my PVP and ask for a Senior Rate?

My PVP is with Carnival so do I email him or do I send that "form" that was mentioned?

Are you originally booked Past Guest?? Are you past final payment... if so, then you cant get price drops. Only upgrades... Only ES rates can get price drops after final payment....

If there is a senior rate at what you paid, sure you can ask for it, or to be upgraded to a category that matches what you paid. ... but without more info none of us know if you can get a price drop.

I booked as a Past Guest and my final payment is not due until Sept 1, 2009. I have not paid the final payment.

I am booked into a handicapped room as a 4D, Cabin E56.

If you are a senior then yes you can call him and ask him to change your booking to the senior rate.

If the senior 4D rate on your cabin is now lower, then just call whomever you booked with, or the toll free #, you dont need to fill out the form, which is just for ES. They will reduce your payment. ... better call fast, as Sept 1st right around the corner, great that you found a better rate just before final payment, CALL

Sent my PVP an email. I'll tell you what he says. Keeping my fingers crossed. It's not a lot of money but enough so that I would be happy getting it.

You do realize that you can call Carnival (and talk to whoever answers) and they can adjust the price for you right? The only reason I am saying this is because of the number of times people will post that their PVP has been promoted, no longer working for Carnival, on vacation etc. I wouldn't wait for a reply back as those prices may change or the category may sell out while you are waiting. :)

I wouldnt wait either, if the rate is now there, and my final payment date was Sept 1st, call the toll free #.... it wouldnt hurt your PVP.

Why would you email and then sit and wait?

Last two times I needed something, a cabin I wanted showed up on a sunday, I called the toll free #, I sure didnt wait for my PVP to come into work.

Do I call 1-800-819-3902?

The Carnival website says to call 1-888 Carnival but that number comes out to be 1-888-227-64825 which is too many numbers!

So when you call from any regular phone the last number drops off... CALL, yep thats the number.

So I called and it was so confusing that I just stayed at my original booking. I would have only got $10/per person discount which is not what I thought it would be.

The Carnival person said I was upgraded from a 4A to a 4D. So to get a "Senior Rate for a 4D that the cost would be $239 (instead of the $224 shown on the website). So I apparently was booked for $249 (I was adding on the $47 and coming up with $296). Anyway, it wasn't worth it to change things in case I wouldn't get my original Cabin of E56 that I really want.

Thanks for your help anyway. Sorry to trouble you. Oh I should mention that the reason I am confused about what I am paying is that I have never received any confirmation or bill status from Carnival. I have called my PVP twice but still have never received any info. So unless I see it in black and white, I am somewhat wondering what I really am paying. My PVP has told me over the phone and I wrote it down but I am never sure if I really do write the correct stuff down. Just an old lady trying to get along in the world!

If you have an email address, which I suspect you would, call back Carnival at the 1-888-carnival number and ask them to send you an invoice for your cruise. It will state your cabin number and how much you've paid, how much you owe, and when final payment is required. It will also give you alot of other information too.

You really should have that invoice for your records.

Enjoy your cruise.

ms simba, do you have a profile online at the carnival site? If you sign into your booking and then you scroll down the left hand side and click on "modify" on the drop down menu at the bottom .... it will show you the cost of your cruise. You dont even need to have it emailed, its always there when you sign into your booking.

ms simba, do you have a profile online at the carnival site? If you sign into your booking and then you scroll down the left hand side and click on "modify" on the drop down menu at the bottom .... it will show you the cost of your cruise. You dont even need to have it emailed, its always there when you sign into your booking.

I have a Profile but after I sign in, I do not have anything that says "modify" However, if I continue looking through My Documents, I get this message.

Electronic documents are only available for bookings paid in full. (MessageID:1204)

I have a Profile but after I sign in, I do not have anything that says "modify" However, if I continue looking through My Documents, I get this message.

Electronic documents are only available for bookings paid in full. (MessageID:1204)

I said to go to modify booking if you paid thru Carnival .... didnt say to go to edocs .... modify booking is on your profile.

If you are getting a message about edocs, .... you arent looking at where I said ..... the button is only available for those who booked directly thru Carnival ... its on a drop drop menu.

... btw this is when you pull up the specific booking on the screen ....there are things along the left hand side ... modify booking as I said in my directions is all the way down on the last item, its a drop down menu of two things.

Archived