Switching cabins

librarian1

I've been reading here for a couple of months and have learned so much so here's my question, which I can't seem to find.

I understand we can book and then change cabins once aboard. However, I want to change cabins after a week on a 14 day cruise.

Background: Mom, DH and I were scheduled on the Grand for the Med. Medley on June 13. However, I ended up in emergency surgery 1.5 weeks before and we didn't get to go. (NOTE! Travel insurance is a GREAT thing!! Got all our money back except for the insurance. Buy insurance!!)

Now, just yesterday I booked us for the same cruise on 6/19/2010. Because of this board I've learned a few things and snagged the aft cabin C752 for us and a cabin on Baja deck for mom on the starboard side of the ship. I figure that this way we can always enjoy a balcony with a view no matter which way we're in port.

Here's the question, though. What would happen if DH and I traded with mom halfway thru the 14 day cruise? It would give her another way to be on the cruise and we could view the world in a different way, too. We can share during the day for the best views, but have different experiences.

I know the stewards work hard to learn what we all want and I don't want to mess up their routines, but.. I dunno. It just seems like a great way for all of us to experience the cruise. DH has never been on one and I want him to get addicted. :)

I guess I'm mostly concerned about our stewards. We'll certainly tip extra but would we be going above and beyond their duty?

Does this make sense? :)

I've been reading here for a couple of months and have learned so much so here's my question, which I can't seem to find.

I understand we can book and then change cabins once aboard. However, I want to change cabins after a week on a 14 day cruise.

Background: Mom, DH and I were scheduled on the Grand for the Med. Medley on June 13. However, I ended up in emergency surgery 1.5 weeks before and we didn't get to go. (NOTE! Travel insurance is a GREAT thing!! Got all our money back except for the insurance. Buy insurance!!)

Now, just yesterday I booked us for the same cruise on 6/19/2010. Because of this board I've learned a few things and snagged the aft cabin C752 for us and a cabin on Baja deck for mom on the starboard side of the ship. I figure that this way we can always enjoy a balcony with a view no matter which way we're in port.

Here's the question, though. What would happen if DH and I traded with mom halfway thru the 14 day cruise? It would give her another way to be on the cruise and we could view the world in a different way, too. We can share during the day for the best views, but have different experiences.

I know the stewards work hard to learn what we all want and I don't want to mess up their routines, but.. I dunno. It just seems like a great way for all of us to experience the cruise. DH has never been on one and I want him to get addicted. :)

I guess I'm mostly concerned about our stewards. We'll certainly tip extra but would we be going above and beyond their duty?

Does this make sense? :)

Just go to the pursers desk for the change, should be no problem.

Archived