Got a call from the Upsell Fairy

JRomeo1979

I sail in 7 days and I got a call from the upsell fairy. I was excited to see Carnival's phone number but not to excited with the offer. I have Inside Cabin in 4B with four guests and he wanted for $100.00 more to give me a connecting cabin for 2 guests in each room. Anything that I have to pay more to me is not a deal. Money is tight. Now if it was for free I would say yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sail in 7 days and I got a call from the upsell fairy. I was excited to see Carnival's phone number but not to excited with the offer. I have Inside Cabin in 4B with four guests and he wanted for $100.00 more to give me a connecting cabin for 2 guests in each room. Anything that I have to pay more to me is not a deal. Money is tight. Now if it was for free I would say yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As "tight" as money may be it won't be as tight as 4 adults in one cabin.

I think even if 2 adults/2 children I would have taken it since they were offering connecting cabins. Were they inside cabins or an upgrade to something like oceanview? I have noticed some ships don't have connecting IS cabins - which actual cabins did they offer?

hmmm,, $100 for another cabin? Yeh I would be all over that! but your budget is your budget.. You know what you can and can't afford.. If you are ok with being a little crowded in your cabin and would rather use that $100 for fun in the sun then it's your choice! Have fun! :D

$100 per person is steep but $100 total for all four..... RUN FORREST RUN!!!!!! Call that upsell fairy back and book it!!!!!!! :D

If money is as tight as you say.... just figure in a couple less souvenirs, or one fewer DOD per person. TAKE THE DEAL!!!!!!

Well I am going on a cruise I booked 6 months ago and cannot cancel because I will lose my deposit. Also money is tight because my husbands hours got cut from 40 hours to 20 so yes I know that when I tell people money is tight but then again I am going on a cruise it's hard to beleive. Unfortunately we didn't plan on having our pay cut............................

Yes I know it's a great deal that's why I am debating on taking the deal...........Thanks for your input to all.

Wow! For $100 (total) I would jump on that!!! I have never sailed with anymore that 1 other person in a cabin and cannot imagine it. Even when we take our 2 children we book 2 cabins.

My DH and DS operate on different schedules than my DD and I do. Plus the extra bathroom is great.

2 rooms gives your group much more flexibility. But have a great cruise whatever you decide :)

I can definately understand money being tight. We had a couple extra expenses pop up this year and we have had our cruises booked since last year. Those expenses cut into our spending money to have while onboard. I however also received a call from the upsell to go to a category 11 for $240 total. I went ahead and went for it, cancelled my shore excursion and will most likely now skip David's to recoup back the extra to upgrade the cabin.

Well I am going on a cruise I booked 6 months ago and cannot cancel because I will lose my deposit. Also money is tight because my husbands hours got cut from 40 hours to 20 so yes I know that when I tell people money is tight but then again I am going on a cruise it's hard to beleive. Unfortunately we didn't plan on having our pay cut............................

Yes I know it's a great deal that's why I am debating on taking the deal...........Thanks for your input to all.

JRomeo - I am sorry to hear about your husband's job. Can you cut any other costs??? - like driving to the port the day of or having somebody drop you off at the port to avoid the parking fees. Have fun on your cruise & Ihope things get better! Good Luck :)

I'm sure many of us have been in your situation or are now. As many have said this seems almost a no brainer. For $25pp you can get a lot more "fun". With a connecting cabin you will all still be "together" but with double the room.

For $100 I'd take the upgrade, but I really understand about being tight. If you cant do it , don't. Seriously 100 dollars is 100 dollars, and if you need that money somewhere else, then you need it.

It was connecting Interior Cabins. Same Deck.

You guys are making me think I should call back......:confused:

I know, I'm sorry things are tight, but happy you are going on a cruise. You'll make the best of it no matter what, but if it was only $100.00 for the extra cabin, total, I would have tried to swing it. $100 more per person? Then I would have stayed with the 4/1.

Thanks guys. Even if I cant get the extra room I am going to make what's best of it. Thanks again for your support.:p

I hear ya.. its a tough time ... Just have fun and forget all your worries for that week! I would live in a closet if I had to for a week at sea!! Hope things get better for you and your hubby! :D

Certainly understand and thanks for explaining. I'm sorry for your husband getting his hours cut. As you said try to make the best of your situation.

Whether it's 2 in a room or 4 in a room..... it's a room on a cruise ship. Enjoy your cruise and stop worrying about whether or not you should do the upsell. I think you have already convinced yourself. Now STOP WORRYING!!!!! DON'T WORRY.... BE HAPPY!!!!!!!

I wish I was on a cruise ship right now. Well, at least I'm only 73 DAYS AWAY!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!! It seems like yesterday we were saying, "Only 200 more days until we are cruising!" Time sure flies when you have something to look forward to!!!!!! :D

Archived