Patisserie on the Sapphire

canadiansnowbird

I have read numerous threads about the International Cafe on some of the ships. We are booked on the Golden (which has a International Cafe) but apparently the Sapphire does not (booked also), it has a Patisserie.

Are they the same? Can you get cappochino - real coffee - appetizers - sandwiches there or is it what the name implies; pastries and coffee?

Snowbird

No they are not the same, it is called the lobby bar on other ships and is just outside the dining room on deck 5. They do have coffee etc and some baked goods but it would amount to 1 tray with a plastic cover.

can you still buy the coffee card onboard the Sapphire:confused:

We were disappointed to discover on our recent cruise on the Diamond that they had stopped serving a tray of pastries and cookies at La Patisserie. It was a coffee and beverage bar only. We used to enjoy stopping by for a little snack and drink there during the day. It is such a pleasant place to sit and relax.

Yes you can still purchase the coffee card:D you can get a coffee pretty much anywhere on the ship, you can order from any of the on deck or in bar waiters, on the Sapphire we would frequently order latte's and mochas while out on deck, they take your card with them, Saul one of our waiters out on deck said that most of the bars are outfitted with espresso machines. Although, the coffee's from the patisserie are WAY better! Their really good:p last time we were on the Sapphire the coffee cards were booklets of coffee coupons, and they hadn't incorporated the unlimited fresh brewed coffee portion of the deal, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't, even then they still "brewed" coffee at the patisserie. I also stopped in at churchills one night before a show in the theater, in desperate need of a pick me up, and they too brew coffee! I was able to get a coffee there though he wasn't familiar with the coffee card program and just "gave" me the cup, I told him I was more than happy to pay but he said not to worry about it. Their always so nice in there!:D

Yes you can still purchase the coffee card:D you can get a coffee pretty much anywhere on the ship, you can order from any of the on deck or in bar waiters, on the Sapphire we would frequently order latte's and mochas while out on deck, they take your card with them, Saul one of our waiters out on deck said that most of the bars are outfitted with espresso machines. Although, the coffee's from the patisserie are WAY better! Their really good:p last time we were on the Sapphire the coffee cards were booklets of coffee coupons, and they hadn't incorporated the unlimited fresh brewed coffee portion of the deal, but I can't imagine why they wouldn't, even then they still "brewed" coffee at the patisserie. I also stopped in at churchills one night before a show in the theater, in desperate need of a pick me up, and they too brew coffee! I was able to get a coffee there though he wasn't familiar with the coffee card program and just "gave" me the cup, I told him I was more than happy to pay but he said not to worry about it. Their always so nice in there!:D

Thank you appreciate it, have a buy one get one coupon for the coffee card I want to use. :D And I love my specialty coffee.......

We were disappointed to discover on our recent cruise on the Diamond that they had stopped serving a tray of pastries and cookies at La Patisserie. It was a coffee and beverage bar only. We used to enjoy stopping by for a little snack and drink there during the day. It is such a pleasant place to sit and relax.

What coffee shops could sit and use your coffee card if you could buy one on the Diamond?Where were they positioned?we are about to sail on her.

How strange/funny that a lounge/bar called La Patisserie doesnt serve Patisserie products???????

Archived