Venice - Alilaguna Tickets Question

scottam

We will be using Alilaguna for our transport from the Venice airport to our hotel near San Marco. The website to purchase them in venicelink.com and they indicate the wait time is less upon arrival if the tickets are pre-paid on line to obtain a voucher for the ticket, vs. just purchasing the tickets when you arrive. Does anyone know if there is a significant time savings by pre-paying? I ask as I've tried to pre-pay this but am having trouble processing the purchase- real pain - and I'm wondering if it's worth the effort. SHould we just wait until we're there? We're arriving mid Oct of this year.

Thanks for your help!

PS ... Sorry if you've seen this post before. I posted it on the Oceania section and realized my error after it was too late!

Hiltner - That's sort of what I thought, too.

Willmschen - That's a great tip. I (probably along with all those people in line) understood that you had to buy them in the airport. Good to know if there's a line - we'll proceed right to the dock.

Thanks to both of you.

On the way back to the airport we just bought our tickets onboard. there was no ticket booth at the stop nearest our hotel. I half expected to have to pay as we boarded but thhe guy waited until we'd also called at the other 2 stops before coming around and asking for tickets. Not sure if it cost us more by buying onboard or not. we were charged 13 euros each (rosso line from Arsenal to the airport) and 1 euro each per suitcase

Archived