Is it me, or are the carnival phone agents getting colder.

infoteknerd

How have your experiences been with phone agents?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. How have your experiences been with phone agents?

• A little nicer
    • A litter meaner
    • about the same
    • never called in.

I called last night to make a payment on my cruise, and the agent seemed cold (almost mean)

Then I called again today to verify the card that they took the payment from (as I didn't see it show up as pending on my visa), and she just seemed colder then the last.

It wasn't what they said, but how they said it. when we booked the cruise the person was very nice and helpful, but now when final payment is around the corner, they act like were hooked.

I know the cruise crew will be better, but I was hoping for a joyful experience all the way around. but still looking forward to my much needed vacation, got a CAT12 waiting for me.

I know the one I had was extremely nice all the time.....but she just pulled a disappearing act on me, the new one they assigned me seemed very short with me, and when she realised I only had a question for an upcoming cruise, vs booking a new one, she really got snotty...so I just hung up....I hope this isnt a sign of things to come....

Tough times tends to bring out the stress in folks. The pressure to secure a booking is probably high. Time spent on just about anything but a new booking may only add to that pressure.

We have been working hard to keep our Cust. Serv. staff in a positive frame of mind...it ain't easy today!

That is not intended to make excuses for anyone that is in that position and whom is expected to put a good face on the company, but it is human.

I just keep in mind that everyone you talk to on the phone has got all sorts of issues that might affect their attitude.

Maybe the last customer screamed, swore and berated them for half an hour , maybe they just got a call from daycare or child's school that their kid beat up some other kid, maybe their boss told them their hours are cut, maybe one of their parents is going through a risky surgery on the other side of the country...

I know they work in customer service, but we're all human, and things affect us. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Too bad you caught two different reps at bad times, because I know a call with someone unpleasant (or in an unpleasant mood) can really drain your enthusiasm, especially something that should be exciting like paying off your cruise. I think your experience was not necessarily a sign of declining customer service.

I'm excited for you for having your final payment made! Hope that helps :)

We always use the same PVP and he is fantastic - I just paid off our cruise about 5 minutes ago and he was wonderful.

trust me, it wasnt my idea to switch...Im just bummed she didnt let me know she was going away....she was fantastic every time! Id say that I will just book my own online from now on...but I know me, I will mess something up

trust me, it wasnt my idea to switch...Im just bummed she didnt let me know she was going away....she was fantastic every time! Id say that I will just book my own online from now on...but I know me, I will mess something up

Get a PVP and you will only have to deal with 1 person. MIne is great Call ASk for one

I wouldn't say mean but I know our pvp has been houdning my parents for weeks to book when they inquired about another cruise. When I emailed her and asked about another cruise she told me to call her. I haven't yeat and she isn't hounding me. I would assume their sales are down and they are pressured to sell sell sell. all in all I don't plan on dumping my pvp any time soon.

I know the one I had was extremely nice all the time.....but she just pulled a disappearing act on me, the new one they assigned me seemed very short with me, and when she realised I only had a question for an upcoming cruise, vs booking a new one, she really got snotty...so I just hung up....I hope this isnt a sign of things to come....

Just had a very familiar encounter myself.

Get a PVP and you will only have to deal with 1 person. MIne is great Call ASk for one

I did have one...she quit/got fired/got laid off....pooof, she was gone.. and now the new one is a couple steps down in quality.....oh well, Im all booked up for the next year, and my next cruise to be booked will be with the magic group, so I wont even need her for that...

Well, considering all the crapola they take from folks who complain loudly and vociferously about everything, I'd guess there'd be a toll taken on friendliness.

Customer service under the best conditions can be a tough row to hoe. With what they have to put up with, it must seem impossible sometimes to maintain an upbeat attitude.

I've found that if I'm friendly and low keyed, most will respond in a like manner. Put a smile in your voice, crank your voice level down a bit, ask her or him "how's it going for you today"....a little light chatter...

I'm not making excuses for those who might be cranky or disrespectful...but just suggesting the caller take control of the conversation... It's called "transactional analysis"......

Mine has been great -three cruises booked through him and he has been helpful. I have called him after final payments and he has still been very helpful. I actually have to call him again today to inquire about one of my friends who is cancelling to see what will happen. I have my fingers crossed that my PVP is going to be the same ole nice personality when talking about a cancellation! :)

Well' date=' considering all the crapola they take from folks who complain loudly and vociferously about everything, I'd guess there'd be a toll taken on friendliness.

Customer service under the best conditions can be a tough row to hoe. With what they have to put up with, it must seem impossible sometimes to maintain an upbeat attitude.

I've found that if I'm friendly and low keyed, most will respond in a like manner. Put a smile in your voice, crank your voice level down a bit, ask her or him "how's it going for you today"....a little light chatter...

I'm not making excuses for those who might be cranky or disrespectful...but just suggesting the caller take control of the conversation... It's called "transactional analysis"......[/quote']

I do agree that they probably do get a lot of grief. But gosh, I was nice I was excited but as soon as the PVP I spoke to sensed that I wasn't booking today but getting prices he cut me off. Like I was wasting his time. I don't want someone who makes me feel that way.

He was a bad apple but I'm sure theirs a good one in the bunch. I'll keep trying till I find him/her.

Get a pvp. Ours is so cool and helpful. It's like talking to an old friend. He seems like he has all day when talking to us and answers all questions and gives us some good tips. Don't know what we would do without him.

I think they are about the same. My PVP has always been jovial, even though she don't remember specific information about me or previous cruises. She calls more frequently now than she did in the past. I guess she can see me scouring the Carnival website for a Thanksgiving and Christmas cruise.

Get a pvp. Ours is so cool and helpful. It's like talking to an old friend. He seems like he has all day when talking to us and answers all questions and gives us some good tips. Don't know what we would do without him.

Waaaaa , Im crying. Sounds like my old one. I want him to come back :(.

Thanks for everyones insight, and I'm thankful that most people there are very nice. The person that called (the next day :)) to remind us about the final payment seemed nicer, so It was probably a bad day, or night.

This is my second cruise and first with carnival, and am hoping for a lasting relationship with them as RCI stopped there Ensanada rounds.

Archived