Interesting offer from Carnival ...

Cuizer2

In checking on my next cruise on Carnival I came across the following. If you are going to cruise a lot on Carnival, it might be worth looking into ...

Free Upgrades28

spacer.gif

Receive free upgrades on virtually all sailings through 2010

The rates are (ES rate / Free Upgrades rate)

Interior - $459 / $609

Ocean View - $589 / $709

Balcony - $609 / $829

The Free Upgrades through 2010 is not available if you book a suite.

Here is footnote # 28 ...

28 Minimum purchase of category 4A is required. Best available stateroom upgrades available within like cabin categories (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview and Balcony to balcony). Limited ocean view upgrades may be available on select ships. Valid on new individual and group bookings made between 8/27/09 and 8/29/09. Offer only combinable with Fun Select rates. Offer expires at 11:59PM EST on 8/29/09. Blackout dates may apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) and exclusions apply.

28 minimum purchase of a 4A or higher rate ... does that mean I have to purchase 28 cabins?? yikes... even for me thats a lot.

My PVP just asked me if I got the email from carnival ... which of course I didnt. Im paying more than the price shown for my upcoming cruise ...no free upgrades ... but its not ES, so oh well.

Interesting idea.... not sure I understand it ... will look more. have to run out. bbl and will look, thanks cruizer2 for this thread.

28 minimum purchase of a 4A or higher rate ... does that mean I have to purchase 28 cabins?? yikes... even for me thats a lot.

My PVP just asked me if I got the email from carnival ... which of course I didnt. Im paying more than the price shown for my upcoming cruise ...no free upgrades ... but its not ES, so oh well.

Interesting idea.... not sure I understand it ... will look more. have to run out. bbl and will look, thanks cruizer2 for this thread.

The number "28" is the footnote number.

I've looked at that link and it just takes you to a Carnival website page. There is no mention of any special sails, and many of the posters on that thread have pointed out.

I was one of those posters that pointed that out, however I found it. It listed as the upgrade special. I called my PVP and ask him about and he clarified that. It is only running Thus, Fri and Sat. and is good on cruises till the end of the year.

In checking on my next cruise on Carnival I came across the following. If you are going to cruise a lot on Carnival, it might be worth looking into ...

Free Upgrades28

spacer.gif

Receive free upgrades on virtually all sailings through 2010

The rates are (ES rate / Free Upgrades rate)

Interior - $459 / $609

Ocean View - $589 / $709

Balcony - $609 / $829

The Free Upgrades through 2010 is not available if you book a suite.

Here is footnote # 28 ...

I'm not sure how this is a "free" upgrade if it costs $220 more than the ES rate. I don't really understand it.

I'm not sure how this is a "free" upgrade if it costs $220 more than the ES rate. I don't really understand it.
The offer is that you will get a free upgrade on future cruises through the end of 2010, or at least that is how I read it.

I'm not interested as I only have one cruise booked on Carnival during that period, and have a total of three cruises booked, meaning that I am only likely to book one more during that same period, and I have never booked the highest level in any category (unless there was only one level).

I dont think they mean pay for it once and get free upgrades without paying for them on any other cruise in that time frame... I read it as each time it is sold separate.
Then it would not be a "free" upgrade.

As I said, I don't have enough Carnival cruises booked to warrant looking into this.

Then it would not be a "free" upgrade.

As I said, I don't have enough Carnival cruises booked to warrant looking into this.

Most of the Carnival "free" upgrades, cost you more to book them. ... Im just basing this on other Free upgrades that Carnival has offered. Free just means that they are upgrading you without paying more than the already marked up price to pay for the sale fare to get the free upgrade.

We just booked a cruise in March 10 today. Price was good and we were upgraded to any catagory balcony cabin we wanted.

Same sale just worded differently book 8-A get a 8-C or what ever you choose

Archived