Those of you that repeatedly choose Carnival

biksgirl

[quote name='biksgirl']but have gone on other cruiselines, what is it about Carnival that keeps bringing you back? I'm going on my first Carnival cruise next year (I've only ever been on Royal Caribbean before this) and I'm noticing so many of you who keep coming back to Carnival. Is it the food, service, prices....just curious![/QUOTE]

Like so many others on this website, I'm someone who loves to cruise. I love cruising with a line that offers me a reasonable price, clean cabins, great staff, good food and interesting ports. Also Carnival offers some of the best rates for those who cruise solo (which I do 98% of the time).
I just booked my 4th on Carnival this morning!!!!! I do sail on Holland America also and love them also. But if Carnival have a ship sailing somewhere that I want to go and the pricing is right, book me!!
Happy sailing!!

----------------
Now playing: [url=http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/four80east/track/eastside]Four80East - Eastside[/url]
via [url=http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/]FoxyTunes[/url]

[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][B]. . . why fix it ? ?[/B] :confused: Have never had a bad cruise on Carnival, but to be fair, I've never had a bad cruise actually. Relaxing down-to-earth people having a lot of fun, that's Carnival to me. Great food, great cabins, great entertainment, interesting places, what's not to like. Would like to go on #17 here in a couple of weeks, but RCI struggling to fill their ships is offering some interesting SOLO pricing out of LA. Hmmmmm . . . :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

As many have said, it comes down to price for us, well to clarify that, a cruise for us including air etc is probably around $3500, now honestly, we sail on 3 lines, Carnival, Princess and HAL, we know what we are going to get for our money with those lines. We have looked at other lines MSC etc but when it comes down to it, i'm not willing to risk the money on something that may not be to our liking.

We have three kids, but with or without them I would choose to cruise CCL. The staff from the booking agent we found, Melanie, all the way down to the staff on board, are wonderful, personable and extremely helpful and friendly. Our steward and server called us and our children by name, spoke to our kids like they were "real people" and treated us so well and made us feel so special they were like friends by the end of the 7 day cruise. Staff members who did not interact with us often STILL treated us and our children very well and made the kids feel special. Camp Carnival is WONDERFUL! Our kids had a great time and WE got ADULT time, I particularly enjoyed paying the minimal after hours charge for some extra grown up time and the kids would put their jammies on, watch movies and have fun with friends until we got them around 10.30 or 11. Then we'd go have ice cream on the Lido deck while they told me about their night and we'd brush our teeth and go to bed.

I agree with the post that said they felt "at home" on Carnival. I do, too, and can't wait to go back! :)

I'm open to other lines, but Carnival always has the best prices. Now that I read comments from people who have cruised on multiple lines, I feel like Carnival is probably the best fit for us anyway. I always feel comfortable on my cruises, the staff is great, food is good to great. My kids, 16, 21 & 24 all enjoy CCL. The oldest has done 1 RC & prefers CCL.

I've cruised on NCL, RCCL, and Carnival, and I have to say that while Carnival is my favorite by far, I wouldn't hesitate to cruise either of the other lines. It basically comes down to who has a price I like on an itinerary I want at a time I can travel. If 2 are comparable, then I usually move towards the one that gives me the most flexibility.

I used to LOVE Norwegian's freestyle concept, but it seems like on the newer ships, almost all the restaurants have an upcharge. I'd much rather cruise where I can eat anywhere except one restaurant and it's included ... and if I want a really good steakhouse style dinner, I don't mind paying the $30 for it ... but I don't feel like I need to do that every night. LOVE the free sushi, LOVE the service from the staff on every cruise we've taken ... and I love that we've bumped into some of our favorite waiters/room stewards on subsequent cruises, too.

Also, my kids, given a choice, would pick Carnival's activities over those offered on the other lines. They love the 24/7 pizza and ice cream machines, have a ball on the water slides ... RCCL's rock wall was a hit, too, but the hours were so limited and the lines so long that it was a real pain sometimes and even the kids figured out they were "wasting" vacation time in line. The Camp Carnival staff has been great for the most part (except for our last cruise on Destiny where they were kind of rude to the girls since they didn't come the first night ... opting instead to spend time with us ... they actually made fun of them for wanting to hang with their parents instead of in the teen club ... causing my kids not to want to go back) and Half Moon Cay beats NCL and RCCLs "private islands" hands down.

For now, Carnival is the line we check first ... then we double check itins and costs against the other lines before booking ... and only once have we thought NCL had the better product for what we wanted in the last 3 years ... and we ended up with a family emergency that kept us from that trip. Nothing bad to say about the other lines at all ... just a lot of good to say about Carnival.:)

I could probably cite some other reasons that would be subjective and debatable, but our primary reason for choosing Carnival is accessibility. Since the other line we have cruised, RCI, pulled out of New Orleans, Carnival and NCL are 200 miles closer than all the rest. Since we have quit flying, that is more important to us than variety of ships or ports.
We do hit Port Canaveral every couple of years for RCI, however.

[quote name='WinnieinWA']Don't believe everything you hear. ;) In [U][B]my OPINION[/B][/U] here's how I rated the 4 I've been on:

[B]FOOD[/B]
Carnival
Princess
NCL
RCI

My favorite crews are on NCL. There's always a happy feel to the ships.
I've never had a bad cruise and they were more alike than different.

Happy Sails:)[/quote]

I've never tried Princess but I will agree that RCI has the worst food out of the 3 mainstream lines I've tried. (I wouldn't consider Imperial Majesty a mainstream line but even their food was better than RCI's). I know I'm in the minority by preferring NCL's food over CCL's but hey, I'm special!

Archived