Nativeway or Franks Watersports?

Kristy19

I am trying to decide between the Stingray sandbar, Coral gardens and starfish snorkel tour from Nativeway or Stingray City Sandbar & the Tropical Fish Gardens tour from Franks. Has anyone done these? What do you recommend? I love to snorkel but my husband does not. He can't get the hang of breathing through the snorkel tube and hyperventilates. Do they let someone just swim and not snorkel?

Hello,

i have been going to Cayman for over 15 years and love the stingray trip.

we have always gone out with Frank of Franks Water Sports and always have a GREAT time. You can either snorkle or just swim around and see the sting rays and fish. Frank has been a great host and knows all the neat places to go to see all sorts of sea life. You should look them up and go out with him, you wont be dissapointed!! His boats are very nice and very clean!! he takes only a limited amount of tourists, so, give them a call to secure a place on his boat. Here are some pics i took of one of our trips out with frank. www.beachcat.net/cayman.

his website is www.frankswatersports.ky

if you have any questions, i would be happy to answer anything you would like to know. 727-422-5798

David

"Scuba_Dave"

Hello,

i have been going to Cayman for over 15 years and love the stingray trip.

we have always gone out with Frank of Franks Water Sports and always have a GREAT time. You can either snorkle or just swim around and see the sting rays and fish. Frank has been a great host and knows all the neat places to go to see all sorts of sea life. You should look them up and go out with him, you wont be dissapointed!! His boats are very nice and very clean!! he takes only a limited amount of tourists, so, give them a call to secure a place on his boat. Here are some pics i took of one of our trips out with frank. www.beachcat.net/cayman.

his website is www.frankswatersports.ky

if you have any questions, i would be happy to answer anything you would like to know. 727-422-5798

David

"Scuba_Dave"

We had a booking with Nativeway for the rays, reef and rumpoint in April of this year. We booked 6 mos ahead with a credit card. We were on the first tender from RCCL Jewel of the Seas, and rushed to the meeting place to find they had left without us. We'll never book Nativeway again :(that's the first time in all our private excursions) that we have been left high and dry. Ruined our whole day! We're going back to the Caymans this Dec. We'll be checking on Frank that's for sure! If you book with Nativeway do it at your own risk!

I can't say enough great things about Frank's Watersports! I have gone out with them three times now and each time is better than the last. They are happy to help with any request and really make you feel comfortable. There have always been people on my trips that did not want to snorkle and just swam around by the boat. No problems there at all. You can rest assured that you will be well taken care of if you decide to book with Frank! ;)

Hi there

I am torn between which one to book, I would pick Stingray City Sandbar & the Tropical Fish Gardens with Frank or Nativeways Stingray Sandbar, Coral Gardens and Star Fish Snorkle.

I would like to see Star Fish and it seems that Nativeway only offers that, did anyone see them with Frank?

But Frank's is cheaper and has free rum punch and snacks. What time does Frank's tours leave from? Might just email him right now!

Kirsty

Frank is $35

Tour #3

Stingray City Sandbar & the Tropical Fish Gardens

Includes:

• Snorkeling at Stingray City Sandbar & The Tropical Fish Gardens
  • Free Caribbean Rum Punch or fruit punch, water & snacks
  • Free snorkeling equipment for the tour: including snorkel, mask & life jackets
  • Free transportation to and from the cruise ship pier, or the Seven Mile Beach Area

Price: US$35/ Adults

Price: US$25/ Children – ages 4 to 12| Children under 4 yrs FREE!

Duration: 3 ½-Hours

I just came back 2 weeks ago, and used Nativeways, Just got to the pier at 9.15 and 3 minutes later they left for the bus, I was the last one in group they were waiting for. It was fun and worth the price with the meal included.

Loved Rum Point Beach. The 3 guys that operated the tour were nice. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

I just booked with Franks for my january 7th stop in GCM.

I also gave them my CC and pre-paid so that i dont have to deal with a bill once i get there:rolleyes:

I have been dealing with franks wife.....she seems GREAT and i have heard great reviews!

Looking forward to my trip #3 HALF DAY

We have booked several times with Nativeways both on cruises and when we were staying on the island and have never been disappointed. If you have a reservation they WILL NOT leave without you. Sharon and Eldon (owners) are fabulous and are alot of fun. We booked with another company and their boats didn't have anyone to drive it, we waited over an hr to get a driver. I will always use Nativeways.

I am planning to book them for a November cruise. My ship reaches at 8 am and leaves at 4 pm.

What time does the Nativeway Ray, Reef and Rum Point tour return back to the doc. Does it leave enough time to comfortably catch the tender back.

The Conquest leaves at 4 and we had time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm digging up this old thread because I'm also interested in booking with one of these two companies. We are choosing between Frank's Stingray City Sandbar & the Tropical Fish Gardens ($35pp) and Native Way's Stingray Sandbar, Coral Gardens, and Star Fish Snorkel ($40pp). I have a few questions:

(1) The Native Way tour is intriguing because it also offers the Star Fish Snorkel. However, it is 3.25 hours with three stops and Frank's is 3.5 hours with only two stops. Is the Native Way tour less leisurely or is there enough time spent at each feature?

(2) Are Coral Gardens and Tropical Fish Gardens similar to each other or is one superior?

(3) Frank's includes beverages (including rum punch) and snacks. There is no mention of food or beverages on the Native Way website. Does Native Way include any food or beverage?

It seems to me that Frank's is the better value at $35, since it's a longer tour and includes food/beverage, but I'm open to considering Native Way at $40 if anybody has any compelling reasons why it is better.

I'm also open to suggestions of other companies, but I'm really trying to keep this excursion to $40 or less per person, since we're a family of 5 and trying to keep this trip as cheap as possible.

We had a booking with Nativeway for the rays, reef and rumpoint in April of this year. We booked 6 mos ahead with a credit card. We were on the first tender from RCCL Jewel of the Seas, and rushed to the meeting place to find they had left without us. We'll never book Nativeway again :(that's the first time in all our private excursions) that we have been left high and dry. Ruined our whole day! We're going back to the Caymans this Dec. We'll be checking on Frank that's for sure! If you book with Nativeway do it at your own risk!

Just so everybody as up to date information (this is an old post), our family of 6 made a reservation for this summer 2011 with Nativeway and didn't have to give a credit card.

Archived