Extremely Frustrated at Carnival !!!!!

Tina0922

Has anyone every been denied paying the difference in price from inside to outside, outside to balcony, or balcony to suite? I have been on the phone with my TA & Carnival since 5pm and I am being told by Carnival I can not pay the difference and go from inside to outside on my upcoming Freedom cruise!

This is such BS.... I have NEVER been denied on any cruise line to pay the difference to 'upgrade'. It is rediculous....I can't even get on the same deck as friends who just book due to Carnival saying I can't pay the difference!!!! Now we are several decks apart & opposite ends of the ship!!!!!! Man, Carnival really has me P.O.ed right now!!

Anybody give advise PLEASE!!!!

Tina

They said it is not available but my TA pulled up and there are plenty of cabins still available & several really close to our friends. Carnival stated I can only get the cabin if I have a new reservation. Can not pay the difference!!!!!!

They said it is not available but my TA pulled up and there are plenty of cabins still available & several really close to our friends. Carnival stated I can only get the cabin if I have a new reservation. Can not pay the difference!!!!!!

Why are you talking to Carnival when you have a TA? When I wanted to go from a outside to a balcony on the Splendor I just called my TA and she took care of it, no big deal.

I am surprised they are even talking to you since you have a TA.

Why are you talking to Carnival when you have a TA? When I wanted to go from a outside to a balcony on the Splendor I just called my TA and she took care of it, no big deal.

I am surprised they are even talking to you since you have a TA.

Looks like she was on a three way call with the TA and Carnival.

I can't help thinking something is being left out, what reason is Carnival giving?

Looks like she was on a three way call with the TA and Carnival.

I can't help thinking something is being left out, what reason is Carnival giving?

thats what Im thinking too, like the current difference in price is say $100, and thats what the OP wants to pay, not the difference between what the OP actually paid and the current price on the OVs... something like that must be the case.

.... or maybe its some clause in the new pack n go type rates, that say new bookings only, have been seeing that too? something the OP is leaving out.

We booked ES on our upcoming trip and upgraded from an 8C to an 8F to add my daughter by just paying the fare difference and her fare. Our TA got it done with no probs at all.

Seems strange if cabins are open they wouldn't want to sell the more expensive cabin.

Has anyone every been denied paying the difference in price from inside to outside, outside to balcony, or balcony to suite? I have been on the phone with my TA & Carnival since 5pm and I am being told by Carnival I can not pay the difference and go from inside to outside on my upcoming Freedom cruise!

This is such BS.... I have NEVER been denied on any cruise line to pay the difference to 'upgrade'. It is rediculous....I can't even get on the same deck as friends who just book due to Carnival saying I can't pay the difference!!!! Now we are several decks apart & opposite ends of the ship!!!!!! Man, Carnival really has me P.O.ed right now!!

Anybody give advise PLEASE!!!!

Tina

Per my PVP, if you booked with ES, you have to pay $ 50 per person for a change of cabin/category and then pay the price difference to get different cabin/category.

Per my PVP, if you booked with ES, you have to pay $ 50 per person for a change of cabin/category and then pay the price difference to get different cabin/category.

You can upgrade for free. The $50 is to change ships or dates. ..you can always upgrade for free (no fee, just pay the difference) .... and thats from my PVP who is good.

My travel agent is on a 3-way with me now with Carnival to work things out. We have been on the phone in Florida for 3 hours and 20 minutes already. I could have driven to the port and back by now!!!

Carnival claims that their ad did not specify "new bookings only", but supervisors in Miami said that was the case. When I requested another supervisor, we were connected to a representative in Colorado who had her supervisor find out what was going on. FINALLY, someone agreed with us that if we were will to pay for the upgrade, and nothing was stipulated about "new bookings only", that we could have the upgrade and be with our friends.

We are all happy now thanks to Colorado. Imagine that we live near Carnival's home office and had to go cross country for satisfaction.

Now all we need is for a hurricane to approach and ruin this trip after all this aggravation!!!!!!!

Just paid the difference in fare. Upgrade, no charge, downgrade or change of ship/date etc. $50!

Me too. I just did an upgrade on the Freedom with my PVP and only paid the difference for the upgrade. No $50 fee was charged.

Sounds to me like Carnival won't make the switch because the original poster has a travel agent. Let the travel agent work it out.

Well I'm not up to par on ES myself.

Carnival request two days to respond to your claim form .

My personal experience is by the time they review your claim it disappears on the websites within two days :D.

Denied ! I manage to get one by calling Carnival before the two day options were up .:rolleyes: The next day I was denied that same request.

I'm lucky the fellow I called was nice enough to help me with this process..

Inside on main to a ov on empress :D twenty buck onboard credit.

I'm finding the "NEW "Carnival to be a ton of work for the cruiser.

We have upgraded on each of our cruises with absolutely no issues. All have been booked through Carnival so the changes of course were done directly with them. All, but one cruise, required us to pay the difference in the rates, and the one that did not was due to the current rate for that category being that which had been paid for the original.

I can understand being frustrated, if this is simply a case of moving from one cabin to another and willing to pay the difference.

Since I have never worked with a TA I do not know how that would work, but would think they would know all the ins and outs of making such a switch.

Please keep us informed.

Sounds like the issue was a last minute sale that was supposed to be for new bookings only ... kinda thought that when the OP mentioned they said it would have to be a new booking .... yep, still sounds like that ... that they finally gave it to her and OP says it doesnt say "new bookings only" in the small print ... (we dont know what Carnival said, but they evidently didnt want to agree)... but all's well that ends well. The TA got it thru at the price the OP wanted.

It's a conspiracy. Carnival is always looking for new and innovative ways to really, really tick off their customers.

As for the extra money they'd earn, that's not their goal here. They simply want to make the OP so mad that she'll have a lousy time and come on CC to complain about how her cruised was ruined.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is a valid reason why OP can't do what she wants to here. She either isn't listening to Carnival while they explain ..... or she is not giving the entire tale.....

In any case, if it could be done in this situation, it would be done....

Me too. I just did an upgrade on the Freedom with my PVP and only paid the difference for the upgrade. No $50 fee was charged.

Sounds to me like Carnival won't make the switch because the original poster has a travel agent. Let the travel agent work it out.

So just to be clear, your complaint wasn't Carnival wouldn't sell you an upgrade, but rather they wouldn't sell it at the price you wanted.

Glad it worked out though.

Archived