Extremely Frustrated at Carnival !!!!!

Tina0922

It's a conspiracy. Carnival is always looking for new and innovative ways to really' date=' really tick off their customers.

As for the extra money they'd earn, that's not their goal here. They simply want to make the OP so mad that she'll have a lousy time and come on CC to complain about how her cruised was ruined.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

There is a valid reason why OP can't do what she wants to here. She either isn't listening to Carnival while they explain ..... or she is not giving the entire tale.....

In any case, if it could be done in this situation, it would be done....[/quote']

Actually the OP explained just above that it got resolved though it took a great deal of time and effort. I would not be so quick to blame the OP. In this case it got resolved by speaking to another supervisor who saw fit to take care of the misunderstanding. It seems it was a person on Carnivals end who wasn't listening the first time. That can happen too. Sometimes folks are just plain obtuse. Sad but true.

It's a conspiracy. Carnival is always looking for new and innovative ways to really' date=' really tick off their customers.[/quote']

G'ma, I totally get the tongue-in-cheek reply, but occasionally a call to CCL can result in one speaking with a corporate doofus. Not just an ill-informed phones team member, but a bonafide dim bulb.

There is a valid reason why OP can't do what she wants to here. She either isn't listening to Carnival while they explain ..... or she is not giving the entire tale.....

Earlier today' date=' I made two separate calls to CCL attempting to arrange something for an upcoming sailing. Both 'bulbs' (including a supervisor) [b']repeatedly[/b] said my cruise departed from Europe, therefore it wasn't possible. The sailing is from Port Canaveral, but because their internal online screen was incorrect they were robotic (and totally wrong) in their replies.

But to give them credit, and complete the story, a supervisor did call back (twice) later leaving a message to appologize for an error that was totally theirs.

On occasion if it's not in their script, and they have to think on their feet, look out!

G'ma, I totally get the tongue-in-cheek reply, but occasionally a call to CCL can result in one speaking with a corporate doofus. Not just an ill-informed phones team member, but a bonafide dim bulb.

Earlier today, I made two separate calls to CCL attempting to arrange something for an upcoming sailing. Both 'bulbs' (including a supervisor) repeatedly said my cruise departed from Europe, therefore it wasn't possible. The sailing is from Port Canaveral, but because their internal online screen was incorrect they were robotic (and totally wrong) in their replies.

But to give them credit, and complete the story, a supervisor did call back (twice) later leaving a message to appologize for an error that was totally theirs.

On occasion if it's not in their script, and they have to think on their feet, look out!

This I have to agree with, when dealing with corporate CCL there are times when a nice wall to bang your head against would be nice.

My travel agent is on a 3-way with me now with Carnival to work things out. We have been on the phone in Florida for 3 hours and 20 minutes already. I could have driven to the port and back by now!!!

Carnival claims that their ad did not specify "new bookings only", but supervisors in Miami said that was the case. When I requested another supervisor, we were connected to a representative in Colorado who had her supervisor find out what was going on. FINALLY, someone agreed with us that if we were will to pay for the upgrade, and nothing was stipulated about "new bookings only", that we could have the upgrade and be with our friends.

We are all happy now thanks to Colorado. Imagine that we live near Carnival's home office and had to go cross country for satisfaction.

Now all we need is for a hurricane to approach and ruin this trip after all this aggravation!!!!!!!

Well that's good....so now you should go in and edit your post ...from extremely frustrated to "carnival came through for me" or something

amazing how many negative posts on here when you read through the problem was solved

actually you should fire your so called "travel agent" as they should have done all this for you behind the scenes...why are YOU on a phone for "three hours" when you have a travel agent??

Well that's good....so now you should go in and edit your post ...from extremely frustrated to "carnival came through for me" or something

amazing how many negative posts on here when you read through the problem was solved

actually you should fire your so called "travel agent" as they should have done all this for you behind the scenes...why are YOU on a phone for "three hours" when you have a travel agent??

That is a good question - the TA should have taken care of this. I'm glad the OP got it resolved. Sound like it was a "sale" for new bookings only. My other thought was that the only rooms available were a different capacity room. Don't know how many are in the OPs party but I know my last cruise all the rooms left were 4 person cabins as we got close to sailing time so I couldn't have paid for an upgrade as we were only 2 people and all the available cabins left held 4.

Well I'm not up to par on ES myself.

Carnival request two days to respond to your claim form .

My personal experience is by the time they review your claim it disappears on the websites within two days :D.

Denied ! I manage to get one by calling Carnival before the two day options were up .:rolleyes: The next day I was denied that same request.

I'm lucky the fellow I called was nice enough to help me with this process..

Inside on main to a ov on empress :D twenty buck onboard credit.

I'm finding the "NEW "Carnival to be a ton of work for the cruiser.

I find that if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I never jump on the new thing until I hear confirmation that it's a great deal and EASY to do. So far, I've heard a lot of negative and very little positive about ES.

I do wish that was an option but it is not... only way for that to happen is by moderator...

Then that is why people should THINK before they create threads with silly titles

IF the OP had made the title descriptive instead of "angry"...then they may have gotten more help and more sympathy

I am sick of seeing these negatively titled threads

the OP got what they wanted....so now they should request the title changed

another thing , people who want "answers" or help should really make the title descriptive and non combative

like "PLease help...having a problem with cabin upgrade"

or "Can you help me upgrade my cabin"

but a "extremely frustrated with Carnival"..?? ugh

I am "extremely frustrated" with posts like that:o

I'd stick to hagging your T.A.

If Carnival looked up rooms, it is true that they can show noting available.

They have rooms to sell, as does AAA, and Costco, and all those travel sites.

They try to sell thier quads first then move down to trips, and so on.

We just booked for the Spirt, and I have gone to Carnival just to check and on line it told me NO quads were available.

Good luck and keep bugging!

Tim

My travel agent is on a 3-way with me now with Carnival to work things out. We have been on the phone in Florida for 3 hours and 20 minutes already. I could have driven to the port and back by now!!!

Carnival claims that their ad did not specify "new bookings only", but supervisors in Miami said that was the case. When I requested another supervisor, we were connected to a representative in Colorado who had her supervisor find out what was going on. FINALLY, someone agreed with us that if we were will to pay for the upgrade, and nothing was stipulated about "new bookings only", that we could have the upgrade and be with our friends.

We are all happy now thanks to Colorado. Imagine that we live near Carnival's home office and had to go cross country for satisfaction.

Now all we need is for a hurricane to approach and ruin this trip after all this aggravation!!!!!!!

Wrong attitude to be going on a boat during Hurricane season. If a storm requires a change to the ships plans for your safety, just think of it as an added adventure and maybe a chance to experience something new. Have a great cruise.

While we all know that Carnival can be difficult at times I can't see them turning down extra money. I wish the OP would come back and explain the whole story.

I understood what the OP said, they wanted a certain last minute rate, that Carnival was saying was for new bookings only, and the OP's TA was saying they didnt see that in the small print. Carnival wasnt allowing them to upgrade to the new rate until the TA spent over 2 hours on the phone talking to supervisors.... supervisors finally gave it to them. The OP got what she wanted.

end of story. Carnival is trying what RCL has been trying to do for years, have some last minute rates for new bookings only ... and the OP fought it and won.

I am also glad the OP got satisfaction but I was a bit disturbed that she came on to vent WHILE she was on the phone trying to resolve her complaint... venting is fine but couldn't she have at least given them time before posting such negativity... also agree that if I had a TA and *I* had to sit on the phone for 3 hours I'd be shopping for another TA ... just my humble opinion...:confused:

Just to clarify things with all posters.....I was on the phone with the TA 3-way with Carnival. Carnival stated they could not do anything without my TA verification which I know. My TA spent over an hour prior to telling me what was going on. She tried to deal with this herself. Carnival made the 3-way call with myself & my TA to settle the problem. I have no quams with my TA. She has done so much for us in the past with the upgrades and price reduction fares. She always goes out of her way and even took her OWN time at HOME last night to take care of this with Carnival!!!!!!! All we wanted to do was pay the difference to move to an outside cabin. Sorry if this post has offended anybody but what was stated was all facts and I have NEVER had any other issue like this in all of my cruises....which is move than a few! I know what I am doing!!!!!!! :) Obviously if Carnival supervisor in Colorado made the change, it was possible and the other person maybe just didn't want to deal with it....who knows what goes on in the office!

I am going in 23 days and going to have fun either way.. I actually hope the seas aren't too smooth cause that is one thing I love about cruising...otherwise I will stay on land base vacations ! :) To all have a good night.

I have been following the OP's situation from the beginning. It appears she does have a good TA to have spent so many hours on the phone with Carnival and herself. Having been cruising for 30 years, I can attest to having similar problems. It always amazes me how the reps can see different details on their computers. When our TA had difficulty getting reservations changed, she would say "thank you" and then call back when another rep would answer. Usually, the reservation was changed to our satisfaction, but only after that second rep was spoken with. I guess it happens.

I think you and your TA handled things properly. All you wanted to do was upgrade and pay the difference. If friends had just made reservations to the same category, there shouldn't have been much difficutly in getting you a better category. You agreed to pay the price. My family has done this in the past with no problem.

You did not give the name of the rep who couldn't help, so I compliment you on not complaining about a particular individual. Do not be concerned about any negative comments posted to your original inquiry about the situation. You and your TA handled the matter calmly and that's why you attained a satisfactory resolution. Otherwise, none of the agents would have assisted you.

Enjoy your cruise and remember that Carnival is the "Fun Ship". After all this, you deserve it. :o

Archived