How does one get onboard credit from a TA?

jlrf

Is it common for TAs to give one OBC? How does it work? Should I just ask my TA if she'll give it to us?

j

Yes ask your TA for the OBC or other Perks

(Shop Around) if they say No !!!!!!

Some Agencys book blocks of Tickets and give Perks

There are always Online (Web) Agencys advertising /OBC /prepaid Tips /Plus other Perks

Magna

You need to find an agency who opens lots of group space with Cunard. The group amenity can range from onboard credit, prepaid gratuities, Cunard travel mugs and the like.

Each sailing has different group amenity points. High season sailings have the least.........off season sailings have the most.

You have to be careful when obc is given outside of a group.. it's based on the selling price of your cruise.. if you cruise rate should go down, you''d lose the offered onboard credit.

The best thing to do.. is find an agency who has group space on a sailing you like with obc as a group amenity.

You should not have to ask your TA for an OBC . It should be part of his/her closing process. Your TA may hold Group Space on your sailing date , that may include Amenities that include a OBC. Even if your TA has no Amenity to offer you , he/she could give you a OBC or additional discount (comm. rebate)on most any Cunard booking . Since Cunard bookings are most often high end ,with no rules against TA discounting of comm., there is wiggle room to give you something extra . Remember Cunard will not offer rates direct to clients that are not also available to TA's. , but vice versa is very common.

We just booked a TA on the OV for 2011. We got a $300 OBC for each passenger. When we look at the price $2,300 pp we figure we paid for on OBC. As we have booked TA's for about $2000 each.

We are satisfied but mention it because I suspect we generally pay for the OBC - one way or another. In this case the ship gave the OBC.

When buying a cruise, it is not always a matter of going to your local TA, or even one who is in your county.

I do not deal with any company "on line" , though I have obtained a name and address and dealt with a company over the phone.

As far as TA's are concerned, it is not just "outright scammers" that a passenger has to be concerned for, but also for those who deliberately pretend that the low price cabins are all sold out and tell you that only the higher price ones are available. There is a national agency in my town who do just that.

Also there are TA's who fail to tell you that they have put you on in a "group" without giving you the "perks" I have had that happen recentlymy fare went down and I was entitled to $150 OBC, but the according to the TA "you slipped through the cracks"

I have cruises booked for 2010, if I used the same TA as above I would have received just $25 OBC for a 17 day 3 cruises back to back. Using another TA, I will receive $350

OBC for the 17 days

Guess which one I am using!

You HAVE to ASK and ASK and ASK

Archived