How about Bermuda the week of May 23rd?

Gingee

I think it is way past spring breakers. We are looking at that time because it is the end of our college's spring semesters and before the summer semester (our daughter's schedule).

Anyone on here go at that time and how was it?

We went May 31, 2009 (week after you are talking about) and the weather was wonderful. Air temp was in the 80's and the water temp was also 80. The water had just reached 80 the day before we got there but even 78 would be good. I wouldn't go any earlier than the 23rd just to be safe if you want to snorkel/swim etc.. I believe all of May should be good if you just want to lay on the beach and sightsee.

Gingee - sorry "spring break" terminology for me is all-encompassing - from college spring break - to a break between spring & summer semesters to *YIKES* school is out - *LOL*

My husband's family owns a property in Bermuda and we have traveled & cruised there at all times of the year.

May is an absolutely gorgeous time on the island - you'll totally enjoy it !!!

What used to be Empire Day (Queen Victoria's birthday), now Bermuda Day, May 24th is the official start of summer in Bermuda - that's the day we all supposedly take our first dip in the ocean - the water will be in the mid seventies. It's also a major public holiday and everything will be closed on that day.

I think it is way past spring breakers. We are looking at that time because it is the end of our college's spring semesters and before the summer semester (our daughter's schedule).

Anyone on here go at that time and how was it?

We have been to in late May and the weather was great. Spent a lot of time in the water. It should be a great cruise.

I don't know. Watching this board for several years now there have been lots and lots of disappointed cruisers in the weather in May. Lots of complaints about really rough seas still in May and cool weather. I would wait another week or two.

We flew to Bermuda for a week end of May many years ago. The weather was fairly cool with quite a bit of rain the entire week - until the day of our departure when it was sunny, warm and perfect. There were also tons of jellyfish all over the beaches and bad weather had disturbed wrecks enough that gooey tar blobs had also come up on the beach. Mind you, that was over 10 years ago and the only time out of our 4 bermuda trips that we flew. We've been end of May, end of June, mid July and end of Aug. Both June and July trips had perfect weather. Aug was almost too hot (and we like it hot). You never really know, but the official Bermuda summer season begins first week of June. I'm not sure I'd go in May again.

How about Bermuda the week of May 23rd? Is that cool weather? Like too cold to lay out and/or swim?

This year we went the first week in May and weather was wonderful. I was in the water (and I don't like cold water) and came home with a great time. You never know what the weather will be like it is a hit or miss

Wow what a variety in answers. As far as the holiday that everything is closed (May 24th) would be all right because the cruise leaves on the 23rd and cruises for two days so we would be there after that.

I keep watching for specials or any discounts and gad, they just aren't there. My TA just e-mailed me today and even the fall rates for a balcony are $999 and my price would be $1099. Oh and yes I want a balcony. Really I want a suite but that isn't going to happen. LOL

If we go later, that is too close to when summer school starts and we hope our daughter will be finishing her degree in the summer.

We've been on the Dawn two times in the last 4 years that week. We love it. The weather is warm and the water is warm enough to swim (high 70's). This past year, we got a great deal in booking (balcony less than $1000) in March about 6 weeks before, but you never know how these things go from year to year - even from month to month. We have also been lucky those two times having pretty calm seas. Weather is unpredictable so you never know. This year the weather on the East Coast has not been very good at all. We had a pretty good week - it rained one afternoon in Bermuda and we had a rainy day coming back to NYC.

I went to Bermuda on the May 12th sailing of the NCL Spirit out of Boston.

I have gone in August six times prior, and once in October.

I liked August the best, but May was nice, but the water was a bit cool, but we went in anyway. Being from Boston, we are used to cool ocean temperatures. The other thing about May is that there are these blue jellyfish called Portuguese Man-o-war that have a very painful sting, A couple of people on our ship were stung. I haven't' seen them in August or October, but they were all over the south shore beaches the week we were there.

I understand that you can encounter them at any time, but they are more plentiful earlier in the season.

The week prior to our sailing, it had rained for two of the three Bermuda days,

but our week was flawless and sunny.

I would do May again, but prefer to go a little later in the season.

I always cruise the last week of May, and did Bermuda one year. It was in the upper 70's, lower 80's. Warm, but not hot. Water was a little on the chilly side, but not cold.

I live in Virginia, and the weather was just like being here at that time.

We went early June last year with a CC Group and it was great!:D Next year we're headin down to the E. Caribbean May 15 with another CC Group to beat the crowds and we got a real good deal to boot!;) See the info below if interested!:)

We sailed on the Dawn last May and the weather to and from Bermuda was very rough ex NY; temps in the low 60's and gale force winds (about 50 to 70 mph). The 3 days in port were on the cool side (low 70's) but still very nice. Bermuda is lovely any time of year.

Archived