RCI mariner Kids club question

gkeep

I figure the answer is no, but thought I would ask if anyone knows contrary. We are sailing 11/29/09 on the Mariner. I have a 10 yr old daughter, 7 yr old boy, newly turned 3 year old boy. I am hoping that the 3 year old will go into the kids club, but realize he may not be comfortable. ( he is pretty attached to mommy). He does do fine with babysitters etc when one of the other siblings are with him. My 10 yr old daughter is a sweetheart who is so good with him and other little kids. Does anyone know if they allow an older child to be with a younger child? Even if it is just for a little while to get him used to it? Are there any areas in the kids club where they can mix?

It would be SO awesome if he could use the kids club even for a little while, to get some kid free time.

Also, I see that they do a special time where they take them at dinner time? Does anyone know anything more about that? Is it a couple of nights? I assume the kids would all be together then right?

Thanks for any help!

No--they're pretty strict with the age groups. Neither you or your daughter will be allowed to "hang around" (and it's not really fair to your daughter, even if she could!!!)

You've got a couple of months to get him used to being "on his own", so to speak...work on it!

• 1 month later...

Hello gkeep! I will be on the same cruise as you with my kids. They will be 5 and 9. I was also hoping that my 9 year old could hang around with my 5 year old until he got comfortable. Hopefully your 3 year old and my 5 year old can become friends (and our 9 and 10 year old). Maybe we can exchange photos with the kids or something before our trip, so they can get to know each other? I still need to sign up on our roll-call.

Archived