Where is Tsunami Disaster thread?

scampi

Laura S, Host Tink, Where is the thread that Princess Di began on the Tsunami Disaster? There was a lot of information there about how people could help & it was an excellent board for people to express their feelings about this catastrophic event. Please reply... Scampi

Guest Host Tink

Hi Scampi,

At the very top of the Princess Board, there is a Sticky from Laura with reputable organizations you can make donations too.

Thanks!

Laura S, Host Tink, Where is the thread that Princess Di began on the Tsunami Disaster? There was a lot of information there about how people could help & it was an excellent board for people to express their feelings about this catastrophic event. Please reply... Scampi

"Hi Scampi,

"At the very top of the Princess Board, there is a Sticky from Laura with reputable organizations you can make donations too.

Thanks!"

Lots of us use this forum to comment on various topics related to cruise vacations. Many of us feel a particular closeness to the peoples of the countries devastated by the tsunami. I don't think that one sticky is adequate to the topic. In my circle, only my daughter and I take cruise vacations. I turn to this board to exchange news and views about cruise related topics. Thank you for posting the addresses of the "reputable agencies" but please don't discount the importance of the discussion.

The response of individuals is encouraging, inspiring hope that we will one day evolve to that state we celebrate every Christmas. In the reports of the horror are the stories that reaffirm the essential goodness of humanity. That may be one blessing from this tragedy. While we can't control what happens in our life, we can control our response.

Reported on my local news broadcast just now is the news that the Canadian government will match dollar for dollar every individual donation made. That is to be added to the $40 million already committed by the federal government and the $18 million promised by the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario.

Add to that the report that the two sides of insurgents fighting in Indonesia have honoured a truce to work together.

May we continue to find ways to rejoice in the goodness of humanity.

Laura, Whenever there was a tragedy at one of my schools, the most important thing I could do as an administrator was to allow the children and staff to express their feelings and to have an outlet for their emotions. And this tragedy compounds by tens of thousands the experiences we had of drive by shootings, the death of a child, of parents or of a staff member, riots in the streets, and so much more. There were cruise critic members who expressed fears of cruising and others who responded with information about the safety of cruiseships, there were messages about being sensitive to those staff members from these countries and what they must be feeling and how they must be affected. If you must, delete my posts where I listed links to agencies from the L.A. Times and even used that word "prayer" but I feel you should bring back the thread. Santa

Archived