50th aniversary I need ideas please

fefe1961

Hi, in may 2011 Its going to be my 50th aniversary and I want to do something different,Im thinking in a cruise trough Athens to Istanbul (santorini,mikonos,kusadasi,etc) because I really want to know Istanbul as a last port.

My problem is to choose which cruise is better for me.

Im between Azamara, Oceania, Regent and Seabourn (but maybe these are too expensive). Im looking for something for 10 or 12 days maximum.

We dont like large ships with everbody shouting,kids, games etc. We want something nicer, We dont want to be with tuxedo all day long, we like to be on the pool, jacuzzi, drinking something, chatting, relaxing.

Maybe some friends ( age middle 40s) come with us and I dont want to choose something to expensive because maybe for some of them is not affordable at all but I think too is my 50 aniversary and sometimes is imposible be ok with everybody.

I know the date is far away but I want to start thinking about it.

This December we are going to Azamara Quest to Asia for 18 nights and its a good time to know that ship and service too.

Thanks

Gusfe

Regent and Seabourn will be quite expensive, usually double the price of other lines. Those lines are all inclusive which means you don't pay for drinks or gratuities, but they really are at the very high end of the cruise market. Seabourn is also quite formal, but by no means do you wear a tux all day long. Every luxury line is casual during the day. Regent and Seabourn will have formal nights---if your cruise is 10 days or longer you could have three formal nights.

Azamara and Oceania do not have formal nights and are what's called "Country Club Casual" every evening. No tuxes or dark suits are necessary. They are less expensive than the other two lines you mentioned, but they are not all inclusive.

You won't find many kids on any of the four lines you mention, but there will probably be more on Regent.

I don't think you would make a wrong choice with any of the lines you mention, but if cost is a concern, your better choices would be with either Azamara or Oceania for a lower price.

• 2 weeks later...
Our experience with the MS Noordam was perfect, just what you want Roman Empire Cruise of 28 July - 7 August 2009 Holland America Line

You can find our review with pictures here;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1050505

I am glad that you enjoyed Noordam. I am sure it was a great experience. The only think I want to point out is that HAL is not a Luxury Cruise Line.

Keith

Archived