Which v cat balconies have metal rail not glass

cruisun

I am looking to take a solo cruise on the Noordam or Westerdam. I usually book Sy or Sa cabins but due to this being a last minute "extra" cruise, I am looking to book a less expensive cabin. I would like to book a V category but want to make sure I book one with the glass railing. Does anyone know which ones have the solid railings. THANKS:)

:rolleyes:After searching some older threads on this subject I think now my question is: Which is the best V category, not shaded from above with the largest balcony and a glass not steel rail. Yes, I want the best of all these options never having stayed in this category before.

I am looking to take a solo cruise on the Noordam or Westerdam. I usually book Sy or Sa cabins but due to this being a last minute "extra" cruise, I am looking to book a less expensive cabin. I would like to book a V category but want to make sure I book one with the glass railing. Does anyone know which ones have the solid railings. THANKS:)

On the Westerdam it is deck 5 and above with the plexi-glass railings. We were on deck 5 in a friends cabin midship and they had plexi-glass. Deck 4 below had metal.

I cannot say for Noordam, never having been on her.

Also if you look at the deck plans for each ship on the HAL website, there is a diamond shaped symbol on the cabins that have a steel balcony.

Thanks debsjc, I did not know that about the diamond. I will make sure when I book future cruises or accept upgrade/upsells to check the deck plans first for that.

... not shaded from above ...
The only Vx cabins whose railings are not directly below the deck above are the VD on deck 4 and the stern VAs and VBs. The VDs have about a 1.5 ft exposure, and the stern VA/VB have a little more depending on what deck they are on.

Boytjie, Thank's for the info on VD's aft on deck 4. I originally booked deck 5 on Nieuw Amsterdam for next year. I cancelled because I got a great deal on an aft deck 4. Looking at the deck plans it seemed that the verandah on 4 was bigger than the one on 5. Also I noticed that the aft VD's do have plexi glass. Originally the reason I booked 5 was because I was led to believe that all verandah's on 4 had steel. I am now satisfied with my choice and ready to sail. Only problem, I have to wait a year.

Archived