Mendenhall easy trails

marazul

We are planning to do a couple of easy trails at Mendenhall. We will definitely go on the Nuggets Fall Trail. Then we would like to choose between the Moraine Ecology Trail and the Trail of Time.

Which of the two (Moraine or Time) do you prefer? Which one has better views of the Glacier and the Falls? Other things of interest? We will be there too early for salmon, so that is not a factor.

Thanks.

We are planning to do a couple of easy trails at Mendenhall. We will definitely go on the Nuggets Fall Trail. Then we would like to choose between the Moraine Ecology Trail and the Trail of Time.

Which of the two (Moraine or Time) do you prefer? Which one has better views of the Glacier and the Falls? Other things of interest? We will be there too early for salmon, so that is not a factor.

Thanks.

By far the most scenic and plentiful for glacier viewing is going to be Nugget Falls and Photo Point. There is no glacier view from the Trail of Time, but there use to be an informative guide sheet you could print and take with you, but no longer see the line. The Moraine trail crosses over other trails and so, a couple access points. Not a lot of viewing of Mendenhall on some sections. I seem to do this trail in pieces. :) Steep Creek is easy as well, but no viewing of the glacier either.

By far the most scenic and plentiful for glacier viewing is going to be Nugget Falls and Photo Point. There is no glacier view from the Trail of Time, but there use to be an informative guide sheet you could print and take with you, but no longer see the line. The Moraine trail crosses over other trails and so, a couple access points. Not a lot of viewing of Mendenhall on some sections. I seem to do this trail in pieces. :) Steep Creek is easy as well, but no viewing of the glacier either.

Thanks. I guess we will just pick one of the two for extra hiking after going to the falls.

I always walk the boardwalk along the streams. They can be closed intermittently during salmon season because of bears though.

We will be there in June. Too early for salmon.

So you like the Moraine trail? We will definitely go to Nugget Falls and photo point first. Just wanted another additional trail.