Gem Renovations

pixiedustdawn

I read on here a while ago that the Jade was scheduled for dry dock in Oct...From the 15-29 2016, should be very nice for you guys...

Nope, it's 8-23 Oct 2016.

One cruise ends on the 8th Oct 2016, and the next one is on 23 Oct 2016 from Venice to Barcelona. The Transatlantic to Tampa leaves from Barcelona on Oct 30th 2016.

Nope, it's 8-23 Oct 2016.

One cruise ends on the 8th Oct 2016, and the next one is on 23 Oct 2016 from Venice to Barcelona. The Transatlantic to Tampa leaves from Barcelona on Oct 30th 2016.

Are you sure that wasn't changed recently? Oct 8, I thought the Jade was going to Greece, Turkey and Croatia and then back to Italy to then head back out to Dubrovnick and other ports?

Thank you for the photos.

Wonder when the Jade will get her remake....as I am sailing her in Nov 2016.....will hopefully sail Gem in 2017 if she sails out of San Juan.

Too bad because itineraries are already out for 2016 sailings from San Juan on the Gem. Oct 23 and on Dec 11 the Gem will be heading back to New York.

Are you sure that wasn't changed recently? Oct 8, I thought the Jade was going to Greece, Turkey and Croatia and then back to Italy to then head back out to Dubrovnick and other ports?

If you go on NCL.com and filter Jade and Oct 2016 you'll see only one r/t cruise out of Venice Oct 1-8, and then one way Venice to Barcelona Oct 23-30 before the TA to Tampa on Oct 30.

PixieDustDawn, I would like to commend you on the FANTASTIC photos of GEM's makeover - we were on the GEM this past June and WOW! it's like a different ship. DH and I were comparing my photos and yours, and we both agree the makeover was for the better. It will feel like a new ship for us if we sail on GEM again.

Hope JADE will get similar makeover as we have been on the JADE twice and fancy going on a "new" ship!

My PCC was on the GEM at same time as us (June 2015) and he said he recently saw the changes and said they're great!

Thank you for the photos.

Wonder when the Jade will get her remake....as I am sailing her in Nov 2016.....will hopefully sail Gem in 2017 if she sails out of San Juan.

Too bad because itineraries are already out for 2016 sailings from San Juan on the Gem. Oct 23 and on Dec 11 the Gem will be heading back to New York.

What Olympia says, hopefully GEM will return to San Juan for 3 months in fall 2017 .... ;)

We'll find out next month when they release the new itineraries.

Edited by bluesea777

following along,

We are set to go on the Gem Dec 13th. Will certain areas still be under construction?

thx

I am sure they will continue to do maintenance on what is there now. I doubt anything major as it has all been done already.

Let us know.

Enjoy, maybe I will see you onboard!;)

Dawn

How could two major entertainment areas be closed for so long and no one says anything?

I know that my boys will be super-disappointed if both the rock wall and slide are closed for 10 days!

Is there any way to find out when they will *finally be open?? I'm guessing the folks at NCL customer service won't have any info...

How could two major entertainment areas be closed for so long and no one says anything?

I know that my boys will be super-disappointed if both the rock wall and slide are closed for 10 days!

Is there any way to find out when they will *finally be open?? I'm guessing the folks at NCL customer service won't have any info...

My guess is that right now there aren't loads of kids sailing the gem or any other ship for that matter

However and this is a big however based on recent ncl actions, they should have the rock wall and slide working by the 2 big holiday week cruises

Now if they can't do that and pax aren't bright enough to complain then what can I say?

Ncl knows there will be loads of kids on those sailings that will want these amenities

Kids whose parents are footing the bill

Kids whose parents will reconsider ncl if the kids aren't kept happy and occupied

Kids whose parents will be pissed off and will tell all their friends who also have kids that want to cruise to pass on ncl

Are you listening ncl? FDR?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Crusin6

I just called and of course nobody at NCL was 'aware' that the slide isn't open. I made it clear that one of the reasons we chose the ship is that my boys are water slide junkies. She made a note in my reservation, and emailed two supervisors and the Gem coordinator.

She was unable to tell me why the slide had not been inspected yet. I'll follow up with them next week and see if there's any news.

And yes, I know there are tons more things to do on the ship, so no need to mention that ;)

YOU tell that to my kid!

I just called and of course nobody at NCL was 'aware' that the slide isn't open. I made it clear that one of the reasons we chose the ship is that my boys are water slide junkies. She made a note in my reservation, and emailed two supervisors and the Gem coordinator.

She was unable to tell me why the slide had not been inspected yet. I'll follow up with them next week and see if there's any news.

And yes, I know there are tons more things to do on the ship, so no need to mention that ;)

YOU tell that to my kid!

Maybe a Disney Cruise would be better? I would

imagined that there would be endless entertainment

for the litte ones.The first couple of days out of

New York at this time it would be to cold to use the

Slide anyway. I hope that it will be ok for your

Sailing ..... If not enjoy your cruise anyway!

Marion

Maybe a Disney Cruise would be better? I would

imagined that there would be endless entertainment

for the litte ones.The first couple of days out of

New York at this time it would be to cold to use the

Slide anyway. I hope that it will be ok for your

Sailing ..... If not enjoy your cruise anyway!

Marion

Do you know how expensive a dcl cruise is? It's too much IMHO

Anyway...as far as weather out of NYC in winter...we left on jan 3rd and by 2 pm jan 4 the decks were full of bathing suit clad sun bathers and swimmers

Something to do with the Gulf Stream I'm told. Lol

Point I'm making is sailing out of NYC in winter is not the horror show pax seem to think it is. Yes the first night is rather interesting but we had a great sail away in spice h2o on jan3rd and the weather was a non issue.

Do you know how expensive a dcl cruise is? It's too much IMHO

Anyway...as far as weather out of NYC in winter...we left on jan 3rd and by 2 pm jan 4 the decks were full of bathing suit clad sun bathers and swimmers

Something to do with the Gulf Stream I'm told. Lol

Point I'm making is sailing out of NYC in winter is not the horror show pax seem to think it is. Yes the first night is rather interesting but we had a great sail away in spice h2o on jan3rd and the weather was a non issue.

Ok no never priced Disney, we always cruise with NCL

and live in NJ so we know how cold it is in Jan.

Well, I hope the slide will be open, but if not , the

Pool is open, we seem lots of kids having fun there.

Hope it all works out for you.... NCL is great ❤️

Marion

i really cant see why the water slide is not open..Its just not fair inspect the darn slide and open it up to people who pay good money to go on it and use it. Ncl dont care get your money and close and open stuff as they feel so but some people wait all year for this. Im leaving tomorrow on the Gem and my son which turns 11 wants to use the new slide as so do i since im a big kid at hart. I wish i knew who to call at ncl to get this opened

Dennis