Leaving the ship early

Jarronwood

I am sure I have read somewhere on the forum but I cannot find it so apologies for repeating a post that may have already been answered.

We are on the March 1 cruise from Bali to Kyoto and the ship spends 2 nights in Kyoto before the day of departure and I am presuming that we can come and go as we please once it docks?

Having said that and before I book our flights with Singapore Airlines - there are only two flights departing Kansai, one at 11am and the other just after 11 pm - we want to be on the 11am flight which would mean leaving the ship at about 6.30 in the morning or thereabouts - we intend getting a cab or it may be that Azamara lay on a coach to take those passengers to the airport (and any advice on this would be very much appreciated since we will need to get to the airport - we don't want to go by train since it means lugging all the cases etc) I have already posted a thread on this about cost of taxi and whether we just get off the ship to find a taxi rank together with approx. cost of the taxi but does anyone know where I can find whether Azamara will offer (at a charge) transfer to the airport. Should I ring them direct?

If Azamara don't do any transfer can we get off the ship at 6.30 am and is it wise to take our chances in hailing a cab. I have already e mailed a firm in Kyoto regarding transfer by car and received a response that it will cost $250 US. WHAT? Is this about right?

I am just a little concerned with timings and getting to the airport on time.

Many thanks for all your advice so far, its been very valuable.

Jarronwood, I can only go by what happened when we did the same thing in Chennai when we overnighted at the end. There were a number of us who had a 3am flight. There were no formal arrangements as far as transfers on our cruise, but the concierge organised a few of us to travel to the airport together after dinner on the final night. It worked out cheaper than doing it ourselves. In the absence of a listed Azamara transfer I'd encourage you to speak to the concierge. There are bound to be others on your flight or needing to get to the airport at the same time. If it's Quest and Yasmine, she's excellent.

Phil

Jarronwood, I can only go by what happened when we did the same thing in Chennai when we overnighted at the end. There were a number of us who had a 3am flight. There were no formal arrangements as far as transfers on our cruise, but the concierge organised a few of us to travel to the airport together after dinner on the final night. It worked out cheaper than doing it ourselves. In the absence of a listed Azamara transfer I'd encourage you to speak to the concierge. There are bound to be others on your flight or needing to get to the airport at the same time. If it's Quest and Yasmine, she's excellent.

Phil

Many thanks Phil, will do - just that we wouldn't want to miss the plane and if Azamara arrange a coach for some of us to get there at 8 am it will be worth it for peace of mind. Yes we are on Quest so I will make a point of doing that at the beginning of our cruise. I have looked at the excursions offered by Az but none to suit the transfer to the airport.

Hi Jarronwood. You will see on the other post that you made asking about transfers that I gave you a link for the airport bus from the pier, if you take the 7:20am you get to Kansai at 8:20 am. Which is p,entry of time for Checkin. Kansai is a very efficient airport as is befitting Japana and checkin security etc are very fast. I presume you are in Business Class as its a long flight. if so you will go thru all procedures even quicker. We have gone thru checkin and security in 10 minutes and spent the waiting time in the very lovely JAL lounge.