Azamara Passages Certificate

rugbypopsie

I am so annoyed..I purchased a Passages certificate last April/may whilst on the Journey. This certificate was sold to me as being able to obtain a Obc benefit for both myself and family or friends taking an identical cabin at the same time on a future cruise.

I am now told that I will only receive some OBC no additional benefit thereby halving the benefit I was originally promised and which U.S. clearly outlined on the certificate. Apparently the Passages certificate was changed in the last

12 months. Furthermore I'm told they are doing me a favour by honouring the half value of my certificate.

Am I the only one who thinks this is totally unacceptable and extremely poor customer service. I was about to book 8 people in four cabins...I think I'll take my business elsewhere...I loved my cruise last year but this unfair decision has left a really bad taste.

Anybody else had this experience with a Passages Certificate.

I am so annoyed..I purchased a Passages certificate last April/may whilst on the Journey. This certificate was sold to me as being able to obtain a Obc benefit for both myself and family or friends taking an identical cabin at the same time on a future cruise.

I am now told that I will only receive some OBC no additional benefit thereby halving the benefit I was originally promised and which U.S. clearly outlined on the certificate. Apparently the Passages certificate was changed in the last

12 months. Furthermore I'm told they are doing me a favour by honouring the half value of my certificate.

Am I the only one who thinks this is totally unacceptable and extremely poor customer service. I was about to book 8 people in four cabins...I think I'll take my business elsewhere...I loved my cruise last year but this unfair decision has left a really bad taste.

Hello rugbypopsie,

I'm not understanding what you mean by "receive some OBC no additional benefit"?

What's the benefit you were told we'd honor and what's the benefit that wouldn't be honored?

Yes, I am currently in a very similar situation albeit the benefits promised on my Passages certificate are a discount, rather than OBC.

It's disgraceful that Azamara are selling these and then attempting to wriggle out of their contractual obligations to their customers.

I have made numerous calls to the Guatemala call centre (:rolleyes:) and have had various, incorrect and unsatisfactory answers to my question.

We eventually managed to get an email from a customer service operative agreeing to honour the terms of the voucher.

Despite this, our TA are still having immense difficulty obtaining Azamara's agreement to credit our account with the discount.

Furthermore, since holding the cabin, the price of the cruise has increased meaning that it will ultimately cost me more than anticipated.

It's been an immensely frustrating and time consuming process which is still not resolved. :mad:

While the issue isn't clear to me as written, I don't ever recall an on-board credit being included with an Open Passage. The benefit was a reduction in the price of the cruise eventually booked.

The last time I bought an Open Passage it included two Azamara certificates for friends or family to use when booking the same cruise as the Open Passage purchaser within 30 days of the purchaser's booking. The per stateroom savings ranged from $200 to $600 depending on type of stateroom booked and length of cruise.

The certificate does not mention any 30 day limit. It is quite clear in its wording, up to $600 USD depending on the category booked, and an identical certificate to give to another person. When you both booked the same category on the same sailing you both got the benefit. So it has gone from being worth $1000 split over two cabins to $400 and nothing else.

When I queried them initially I was told in writing that the benefit would be 500$ for both cabins that was two weeks ago. Now I'm told that because I paid for the certificate in USD duh! I will only get 400$ and nothing for the other cabin. In effect I will get 400 for my spend of 300. And they have had the use of my money for 12 months! :mad:

Apparently the new certificate gives you 4% off the price of the cruise which to me is no big deal either.

Rugbypopsei - the key to this is escalation.

I escalated my issue to the UK MD. I received a very swift reply and his intervention resulted in my discount being honoured and my faith in Azamara restored.

I intend to escalate it too. I cannot believe such a professional organisation would behave in this matter. I have an excellent agent in the US we havethe names and they will be hearing from us..but I was really interested to see how many others are being stung in the same way.

Sue

I'm not sure what you mean...I have a number of emails from Nicole L. In the Miami Office. I am not dealing with the Australian Office who in my past experience would not know what I was talking about.

I bought the certificate onboard journey last April/may paid in USD.

Sue

Edited by rugbypopsie

I'm not sure what you mean...I have a number of emails from Nicole L. In the Miami Office. I am not dealing with the Australian Office who in my past experience would not know what I was talking about.

I bought the certificate onboard journey last April/may paid in USD.

Sue

Since you are already dealing with Nicole, our Le Club Voyage ambassador, you are in good hands. I've placed an email to her as well but do know she is traveling internationally and not consistently online.

As an aside, I will put in a good word for our Australian manager, Clarissa Williams. She has been a big help to others. Her email is CWilliams@RCCLAPAC.com

Best of luck.

I'm confused...thank you for the good wishes but I'm not sure why I need " good luck" to have Azamara honour the agreement they offered me and I paid for.

I just need them to do the right thing which Is give me what I paid for.

Sue

I'm confused...thank you for the good wishes but I'm not sure why I need " good luck" to have Azamara honour the agreement they offered me and I paid for.

I just need them to do the right thing which Is give me what I paid for.

Sue

Hello Sue,

I don't know why you're confused. 'Best of luck' is a common sign-off I use when someone is frustrated and I have offered them a direct link to those in a position to assist.

Good Bye.

The comment about " good luck" was directed at Azamara not you Bonnie. I thanked you for your attempt at helping me. The person you directed me to is the person who is telling me the bad news...I'm going to take it further. I loved my Azamara cruise as did my friends it was pretty much faultless..however I am not impressed with the current issue..which Is making me hesitate booking four cabins for next year.

I'll stick with seeking resolution through the US since I booked through my US agents.

And yes I'm frustrated.....I really really want another Azamara experience.

Sue

I find the subject of Open Passages a bit of a minefield. There always seemed to be terms and conditions attached that made me unsure of how truly restrictive they were. It's further complicated by variations according to the region you live and now the changes made to the Le Club Voyage.

Just to clarify with rugbypopsie, the old style Passages prior to roll out of the revised LCV benefits gave a saving based upon the length of sailing and stateroom category. You have mentioned OBC, but I don't remember any OBC with Open Passages. Just this saving. It was definitely available to up to two friends/family booking the same cruise within 30 days of you taking up your option.

I bought two Open Passages on JR last December under the new LCV savings program. I felt it was a good way to secure the discount if I saw a cruise when booking off the ship. It was sold to me on the basis that I wouldn't receive the OBC attributed to a Reserved Passage Certificate. I paid a £75 non-refundable deposit which is half the normal, but when I book a cruise the other half of the deposit comes due. The proof of the pudding will be when I come to try to take advantage of them.

I hope you get some resolution on this and Nicole can help you out. You might want to do a search on this board using key words "Azamara Passages". The previous Chief Blogging Officer, Bill Lieber was very good at keeping us posted about such things. It often evoked debate, but you may find it helpful, if only as an historic record of what the benefits used to be.

Phil

I was originally confused about how the $500 was going to be given which us why I started asking if it was off my agents price or off brochure price.

And it all went to custard after that.

It was/is frustrating. I cruise pretty often across many lines and I have never had this experience before. I have always been given exactly what I bought.

Sue

Hello Rugbypopsie,

I think I have good news for you. The US & Australian offices have discussed this problem and have enlightened me in the process. I am now told they will honor the old Friend & Family coupons, assuming one had booked an Open Passage onboard (no voyage selected) prior to the change in program, which was August 2014. If you haven't already resolved this, write to the following:

If you're contacting Customer Service in Australia, email crownandanchor.au@rcclapac.com. Put "Attn: Loyalty" and your booking and certificate information.

If you're contacting Customer Service in the US, email AzamaraCustomerService@AzamaraClubCruises.com.

FYI, here's what the verbiage was for the old Loyalty Passages program prior to August 2014:

Guests who book an Open or Reserved Passage will also receive 2 certificates to present to a friend or family member. These certificates will enable them to sail on the same ship and voyage and enjoy discounts of up to $600 per stateroom when booked within 30 days of selection of actual ship and sail date. The final discount would depend on category and length of sailing.