Laundry on Norwegian Sun

newzandile

I promise I have searched this topic but haven't found anything less than 2 years out of date so I apologize if I overlooked something more recent.

Family of 5 traveling in a larger group of 13 on the Norwegian Sun from Vancouver to Seward and then immediately into an RV for a brief DIY trip to Denali for a few days.

The cruise to RV turnaround is very tight (spending one night in Talkeetna) and I want to get to Denali as fast as possible. Also doing 2 nights pre-cruise in Vancouver.

I'm panicking about the laundry situation. What is the current special offered midweek on laundry? I know there aren't any self-serve laundry options on the Sun? Also, does anyone know what day they are offered on the Alaskan itineraries (Mon - Mon).

Thanks in advance!

The laundry service I suspect you're referring to is the "stuff a bag" promo, currently $19.99. The bag seems a bit smaller now but you can still get quite a bit in if you really push it. If you roll things tight you should get most of the necessities in. I usually bring a bit of laundry detergent with me for handwahsing and it's great that there's a line in the BR for hanging things up.

The day can vary since they rarely do all decks on the same day but it'll be mid week so probably Thurs, Fri.... back by dinner time next day. Mark everything down and check it off when you receive it back and you should be good.

Enjoy the Sun, and your vacation.

I think it's always the fourth day. So on Escape, which is a Saturday to Saturday, we got the $19.99 bag on Tuesday. Leave on bed by Tuesday evening, it is promised back by Thursday. Although we got our clothes back on Wednesday.

You can stuff a LOT into the bag, it doesn't need to close. Bring some tape in case the bag rips, it will be a lot easier to just tape your bag rather than trying to find someone to give you a new one.

I think it's always the fourth day. So on Escape, which is a Saturday to Saturday, we got the $19.99 bag on Tuesday. Leave on bed by Tuesday evening, it is promised back by Thursday. Although we got our clothes back on Wednesday.

You can stuff a LOT into the bag, it doesn't need to close. Bring some tape in case the bag rips, it will be a lot easier to just tape your bag rather than trying to find someone to give you a new one.

I bring large clear garbage bags and then I put the ship laundry bag once I fill it in the large clear garbage bag and give the bag a twist to close and leave it for the room steward. That way nothing falls out of the small ships laundry bag.

I bring large clear garbage bags and then I put the ship laundry bag once I fill it in the large clear garbage bag and give the bag a twist to close and leave it for the room steward. That way nothing falls out of the small ships laundry bag.

What a great idea !:)

I was on the Sun May 8-16.

One positive thing was the perfection in the laundry service! Immaculately cleaned, folded without wrinkles and delivered to the cabin in a woven basket.

Great to hear!!!! Thanks!

Did you or are you posting a review anywhere?

Great to hear!!!! Thanks!

Did you or are you posting a review anywhere?

I haven't composed a review of my time on the Sun yet.. I'm not a great writer. If you have questions, feel free to ask.