Freeport things to do

Tiffany_Zerbe

Hello! First post !! My family and I are heading on the Carnival Pride with a stop in Freeport, Grand Turk and Half moon Cay. Is it possible to NOT do any excursions and still get to a free beach on all of these ports?? I believe there is on Grand Turk and Half moon Cay, but what about Freeport?? Help!!

Hello! First post !! My family and I are heading on the Carnival Pride with a stop in Freeport, Grand Turk and Half moon Cay. Is it possible to NOT do any excursions and still get to a free beach on all of these ports?? I believe there is on Grand Turk and Half moon Cay, but what about Freeport?? Help!!

You can also post on Grand Turk forum for more response:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=385

Post on the Bahamas forum under Ports of Call for Freeport. On Grand Turk the beach is right there when you get off the ship. Also a great free pool at Margaritaville (food is a little pricey). Half Moon Cay is a beach day, private island, buffet provided. EM

Yes indeed...HMC IS a beach day..it's the ship's private island. Loungers everywhere, a BBQ lunch is brought from the ship....no need for excursions.

There are public beaches on all the other islands....I'd recommend a guidebook from your public library...make notes, so you'll know what to do in each place. Rarely is there a need to pay for excursions, especially for a beach day!

We like to rent a car in Freeport and explore the island at our leisure. There are a number of national parks, one we like is Lucayan National Park. Gold Rock Beach is amazing and the underwater cave system is very interesting to see.