Getaway Debarking Times and early FLL flight

StevenClarkNB

I have read the posts regarding the opinions of getting from POM to FLL for early flights.

From a Getaway perspective it says debarking begins at 8 am. I assume debarking begins earlier assuming the ship is on time. What are people's experience with actual debarking times from the Getaway?

We are a family of 4 (kids age 12 and 9) considering an 11:10 AM Air Canada flight to Montreal.

I have read the posts regarding the opinions of getting from POM to FLL for early flights.

From a Getaway perspective it says debarking begins at 8 am. I assume debarking begins earlier assuming the ship is on time. What are people's experience with actual debarking times from the Getaway?

We are a family of 4 (kids age 12 and 9) considering an 11:10 AM Air Canada flight to Montreal.

You do realize that the FLL airport is a ways up the road (27 miles), right? You could do a Miami flight at 11:10, but FLL is another story. And you are doing an Intl flight. Can it be done, but are you ready to spend a day or two in the airport with kids until another flight has seats available?

I might try it with carryon only and no kids.

And, there is a Departures subforum here that will provide lots of info.

You have to be prepared to carry your luggage off yourself

You have to be in line to disembark at 6:30 am. Walk off starts around 7:30 and 4000 of your new friends will have the exact same plan.

You need to have your own transportation arranged or take a taxi. No time to wait for share ride vans.

You would definitely need to 1. Self disembark, and 2. Hope everything goes perfectly (ship has no customs issues, no traffic to FLL, and so on.)

I Ubered from the port to FLL off the Getaway and arrived at 8:42 AM. But I was solo and self-disembarked. And any number of things COULD have gone wrong on the way.