Breakaway - Desk area

Sanz

Trying to decide between a balcony and a mini suite on the Breakaway. I know that the major difference is the bathroom and that there is a bit more space in the bedroom/sitting area in a mini-suite. Is the desk area slightly larger in the mini-suite?

Actually I do not think the main area of the mini is anything different than the balcony cabin. If there is any extra room at all in the mini (other than the bathroom) the entrance "hall" area may be a bit longer to accommodate the larger bathroom. But honestly it is not at all noticeable or usable. The only true difference on Breakaway between the mini and regular balcony cabin is the extra large multi spray shower area and the bathroom in general being larger.

Thank you gizfish! We take a 17" laptop with us and the desk area in this room just about accommodates it. On our past cruises I have been able to use this area for other purposes as well. There is a lack of flat surface space in these staterooms when compared to staterooms from our past cruises. Although it would be nice to have, extra surface space is not the deciding factor in our decision to get a balcony or a mini-suite for this 14 night cruise. We have to decide if the bathroom and a king size bed is worth the extra cost.

Thank you gizfish. We take a 17" laptop with us and the desk area in this room just about accommodates it. On our past cruises I have been able to use this area for other purposes as well. There is a lack of flat surface space in these two types of staterooms. Although it would be nice to have, extra surface space is not the deciding factor in our decision to get a balcony or a mini-suite for our cruise. We have to decide if the bathroom and a king size bed is worth the extra cost.

I am almost certain that the beds when pushed together are the same size in both the mini and reg balcony btw.

You are correct. I just read Norwegian's description. My TA was not correct.

This will be our first time cruising with Norwegian. Do their mini's and reg balconies usually have queen size beds when the twins are pushed together?

I was in a balcony on The Star many years ago and in a mini-suite on the Breakaway last October (cruise that never made it to Bermuda dues to hurricane). The difference in cost of the balcony and mini-suite last year was $200pp. I would pay it again in a heartbeat. The bathroom was HUGE...compared to the one on the Star. Beautiful shower too, double sinks, so much storage, huge mirror. HaHa, I sound bathroom-obsessed. It really was nice to have so much extra room getting ready for the day or night.