OBC and shore excursions

Lrob

Hello All: I have a good OBC per cabin on an upcoming cruise. I want to make sure I spend it so I may be booking a ships excursion or two. Is it correct that I need to book it onboard to apply the OBC? No booking ahead of the cruise? Thanks!

There are other ways to spend it ...

You can go into the shop, although when we have done that the items are expensive and not necessarily what you want. I, for example, cannot find much in the apparel line since I'm a big girl. But there are accessories. I've gotten some nice purses, etc., which I never would have purchased on my own.

Also, you can use it for liquor purchases on board. Even if you opt for the beverage package, that only gives you glasses of wine. You might want to buy a favorite bottle of wine at dinner ... in which case you could use OBC.

Okay, I'm stretching!

There are also spa treatments ... massages, shampoos, you name it. On our last cruise I blew our OBC on a series of acupuncture treatments!

So you don't only have to spend the OBC on tours ... and again, as was said up top, you could book the cruise ahead of time, cancel on board (depending on demand! you want to be careful about that), and then rebook using your OBC.

Good luck,

Mura

Hello All: I have a good OBC per cabin on an upcoming cruise. I want to make sure I spend it so I may be booking a ships excursion or two. Is it correct that I need to book it onboard to apply the OBC? No booking ahead of the cruise? Thanks!

Use the OBC for a prestige alcohol package.

To use the OBC you can book in advance and pay then cancel and rebook with the OBC when on the ship. Much easier is to just book when you board.

However you can only do that if the tour is still open. If not and there is a waiting list for tour the next person will get your spot and you will not get on the tour.

We have enjoyed some fine wines, etc while on board and female relatives are glad when we go on a cruise so they get jewelry :D