Question on if balcony and suite sold out - Fantasy

ddlb

I want to try a cruise out of Mobile in Oct but the balconies and suites are all sold out on the Fantasy (Oct 26). If I were to book an ocean view - what do you think my chances would be to get a balcony or suite if the sailing is over 2 1/2 months from today because cancellations are common or not? If I book through Carnival would the TA let me know or if I book through my normal TA would they let me know if one became available or would I have to keep checking the Carnival site to see if anything came up? I've never done this before and was wondering if anyone else had. I would be ok with the ocean view but it doesn't have a sofa and I think only a wooden chair or something which sounds pretty uncomfortable - thanks for any input!

If the Fantasy has balconies, then they are simply retrofitted OVs, so there will be no sofa in the cabin.

The Fantasy Class OVs we've had on the Paradise, Elation, Imagination and Inspiration have either had a chair or a stool at the vanity and another table (that can be used as a stool).

Better call quick if you're wanting a suite . Received my first up SALE call yesterday in a century ;) For six hundred dollars extra I could have been somebody special for five days ! With a full sized bathtub :') to boot . I told her a can of RedMan was allot cheaper and would last longer. :D

There are no retrofitted balconies on Fantasy.

After final payment, 60 days out, there likely will be some suites (Junior and Grand) to come back. You probably will have to be your own stalker for these. Good luck! We'd book the OV and watch, if we were really determined to go.:D